Introduce yourself here!

Page 18 - Love gaming? Join the PC Gamer community to share that passion with gamers all around the world!
May 23, 2020
Visit site
hello

as my name says amature, i just play any computer game and have played pc games for about 25 years. i really followed pc gaming when most pc games were FPS and very expensive too. i read pc gamer a lot, which i think is great. also I'm from Dublin Ireland.

Reactions: Frindis
Hi everyone,
I enjoyed reading the initial email telling me to introduce myself once I registered with the site. I have been a PC/console gamer for 20plus years. My MacBook Air is on it's last legs so I have decided to spend a considerable amount of money on a new ASUS gaming laptop. So like the poster above, I definitely want to explore PC world. I normally just play WOW and FM, however my OH plays Citi: Skylines. I am wondering whether it is useful to purchase a subscription to the magazine as I would like to know about how to run my laptop better (when it arrives) and also to choose a monitor and slight upgrade to my desktop.
Lots of questions I know, but I hope that PC Gamer can help to answer many of them!
For the Horde!

Hey everyone! I've been a console gamer for over 10 years but I recently purchased a gaming laptop and definitely want to explore more into the PC world. I enjoy first person shooting games and RPGS.
That is cool! Have you tried out Doom (2016) or perhaps Dusk, Amid Evil or Ion Fury? A lot of kick-ass FPS to enjoy:)

@zippygeorgeandben Classic or retail your game? I'm trying to level up a frost mage in classic (35 now) but I'm not sure if I want to do the grind again. I need some purpose, I guess....

Last edited:
Jun 22, 2020
Visit site
Hello all Flash94x here!

Always been into gaming since i was young! any platform and any game. As i got older i got drawn away from my gaming bubble and the streets/money took over and well lets just leave it there. anyway now i want to move on from that and get back into my old gaming hobbies this may sound silly but my memory has been affected i cant even think on where to start im itching to start a PC project

my all time fav genres are RPG, RACING , STRATEGY AND MMORPGS! used to non stop play runescape back in the day . also character building/customisation games you cant beat them

hope to meet new people what share the gaming world interests:))

Jul 5, 2020
Visit site
Crazy trucker here, as you could probably guess, I'm a truck driver. I'm starting to play more on my pc...well laptop, easier to travel with. I play a lot of RPGs, Simulator games and some shooters and strategy games. You and find me on steam as Chunky Hobbit. I am always looking for new online friends.

Jul 2, 2020
Visit site
Hi all, I am RDBT_30 a friendly neighbour gaming robot. Have started my geeking out like eons ago with my 1st Spectrum and now chill most of the time on my ultimate PC rig and some consoles. Also in past 2 decades have been dabbling in the game industry through development, event management, and some on the side reviewing from time to time. The fist PC game memory I have is Zeliard. :D

Jan 25, 2020
Visit site
Hey guys, I like to go by the handle MortalBeing. I've been playing PC Games since the days of the C64. (With some Intellivision and VIC-20 action prior to even that). Followed up with an Amiga and eventually moved over to the PC. My favorite games have always been puzzlers and old school adventure games. But, I will play just about anything nowadays. Been a long time reader and subscriber to the US edition of the magazine for many many moons. Looking forward to enjoying my time here.

Jul 14, 2020
Visit site
Hi, everyone, CAPace here!

I just built my first gaming computer this year and am gradually getting deeper into the whole thing. I am obsessed with open world games, particularly with Assassin's Creed! Though right now I'm hyped with the upcoming Star Wars: Squadrons.

Outside of gaming, I am a graduate student in history, studying early modern Europe. I also am into cooking, woodworking, reading, and fictional lore.

Thanks for reading and remember, nothing is true, everything is permitted, the Force will be with you, and that good soldiers follow good and question bad orders.

Aug 4, 2020
Visit site
Hi all, I'm EDGE not I'm not a walking talking magazine but I used to be a massive fan of it years ago so I kept the name.
I haven't been into PC gamer since the old forums closed. Commenting on articles just was't interesting enough but hopefully now it's back I can offer some intelligent critisz critisshis crit...... comments :D Damn ruined it already.
At the moment I think PC gaming is at its lowest in years. I'm either getting older and losing interest or the games are just not as good as they were.
I look forward to discussing the future of gaming and hopefully pick your brains on any new tech that may be coming soon as my PC is getting old too, not just me!

Aug 5, 2020
Visit site
I love games; I'll play as many within this lifetime. Hope to encounter some of you unknowingly and as the credits roll I get that "oohh really" as I see your ingame name and who you are (i.e. like that of Journey). <3 <3

Hi all, new to the forums. My early forays into games had always been on consoles, primarily Xbox and Xbox 360. Entering PC gaming has been a relatively recent development, and I built my first gaming PC this year. I enjoy a wide variety of games, but good open world RPGs are my favorite.

IRL I'm currently a graduate student and working in psychological research.

Reactions: EDGE1971
Aug 18, 2020
Visit site
Hi everyone! Been a gamer since birth! Ok almost, the competitive side of me got into esports but I still game a lot. I play a lot of League of Legends, CS GO, and some games on the side like Paladins etc. None if any of my friends are into gaming, So thank you for having me here, I'd like to get to know and share my passion with many of you here! p.s GameboyAdvance is the best console ever :p

Reactions: Jzek
Aug 20, 2020
Visit site
Hello everyone. I am Jzek and i am a semi new twitch streamer/youtuber. I currently go by Tippsygamer on youtube and T_ippsygamer on twitch but i am working on changing that soon.
First off i do love playing on PC i think it is the best platform and so far just between my friends, my followers and me i am known as the guy with weird keybinds. I didnt think they were that weird but i use E or sometimes R to move forward. Anyway nice to be part of the community and if you want to check me out i stream and record mainly fortnite cs-go and starting some warzone

Hello everyone, nice place you got here ☺

I've been PC gaming since the 80s, when I worked for a computer manufacturer. Never played a console—no point since I've always needed a PC for work, so the console's main advantage of lower price didn't apply.

I'm a single-player player [no, that's not a stutter] and am currently slowly building my base in Command & Conquer Remastered. C&C was the franchise which originally really hooked me into video gaming, altho I'd been playing for over a decade before that, so the remaster has been a lovely surprise.

My fav franchises are C&C, Civilization, and Far Cry. I also give an annual spin to the first halves of Crysis 1 & its Warhead sequel, and the Royal Envoy casual game series. Other genre I like is puzzle—Portal, Talos Principle etc.

I've built around a dozen of our PCs here over the last 20 years, and run a small online biz with she whom I must pretend to obey. Looking forward to meeting y'all in the forums ☺

Last edited:
Aug 24, 2020
Visit site
Hey guys, I've been a lurker for a little while but finally made an account. I had to get away from toxic reddit.. This seems like one of the nicest forums around and a decent place to call "internet home" :) . I've been a PC gamer since early 90's, started with things like prince of persia, wolfenstein, commander keen of course, and never really looked back. Last time I had a powerful enough PC to play the current games with decent settings would've been something like 2003.. playing Warcraft 3 and diablo 2... But that's fine because I kinda got used to playing everything on 720P / 20-30 FPS for the last few years... but just this month I built myself a pretty sweet rig and I'm playing tomb raider at 60 FPS on high graphics settings! Feels really cathartic to finally have a machine capable to deliver the goods. I've always considered myself a PC gamer but now it feels like it more than ever. I'm an artist and love creating things.. stories, videos, music.. I'm sure I'll warm up enough to share some pretty soon.

TRENDING THREADS