Improve my experience and knowledge in building PCs

Jul 31, 2022
Visit site
Hey everyone,

just recently stepped foot in the PC gaming world as i used to be a console gamer for approx. 20 years strong. it was a change that was a long time coming but many things held me back before. its both an exciting and learning process. i was on a serious budget and most of it was used off fb marketplace but the quality is still excellent.

heres my set up incase anyone was wondering.
NZXT Noctis 450 Mid tower
MSI x99a SLI plus LGA 2011-3 motherboard
Intel Core I7 5820k 3.3GHz processor
G.Skill Trident Z 2x8GB DDR4 3200/corsair vengence 2x8GB ddr4-3200 (32GB total)
Samsung 850 and 860 250GB SSD, and a 2TB inland platninum M.2 (2.5TB in total)
MSI Geforce RTX 3060 Gaming X GPU
Corsair RM650x 80+ Gold 650 W PSU
Windows home 64bit

I got this so I can have a better experience playing games as well as streaming without difficulty. i still have much to learn. i know the motherboard and processor is outdated but it performs well. im running all my things without issue

I would love suggestions on what i can add to improve my experience and knowledge in building PCS

Also, if i can ask. im i currently have a dual monitor setup at the moment. however, i do have a smart TV thats capable of being a wireless monitor and i thought it would be a good idea to have my gameplay on the big screen while i play so whoever is over can watch along. i cant figure it out though. it ends up just becoming a third screen thats extended off the other two. any idea what i should be doing? maybe casting my screen rather than setting it as the third wireless display? thanks in advance.

im currently playing:
Nin Online(Indie MMO PVP/PVE based off the anime Naruto)
Naraka:Bladepoint
ARK Survival evolved
Shinobi Striker
Albion Online
Assassins Creed games
CoD Cold War

if anyone wants to play hit me up :D

-Chouza

[Mod edit: changed title for clarity from the unhelpful "Hi I'm New".]

EDIT: i added a 2TB M.2. so technically the thing has 2.5TB. theres much more room now.

Last edited:
Welcome to the forum :)

The experts will critique your build, but that's what stands out to me—games these days can fill over half a 250GB disk.
yeah tell me about it one disk is just ARK. xD
yeah welcome, and yeah, games nowadays keep blowing up in size, that's why serious gamers down the line sometimes go and setup an external home server HDD system or NAS.🤣

I also go read stuff on reddit r/datahoarders too, it's a good place to learn about building personal storage systems later down the line if you're up for it. 😉

Having your own library of stuff when there's no internet could be worth it in an apocalypse... or just a winter storm that broke the internet cables. 😅

Jul 31, 2022
Visit site
thanks for the welcome. i've been doing a lot of research and gaming getting my setup nice and comfy. a chair is next but a lot of chairs are expensive. i usually dont notice the difference between computer chairs but i still want somthing to looks the part.

i was thinking of adding a sound card but wasnt sure how significant it would be when it came down to the sound. any ideas?

EDIT: i have a focusrite scarlett connected to my PC as im into audio recording also. i was told this is like an external sound card. thats why im asking if a sound card would make any differences.

TRENDING THREADS