First time building PC, help with build

Dec 16, 2023
Visit site
Hi folks, Im building my very first gaming pc.. transitioning from Macbook after idk how many years. I play most games on PS5 but play others in my computer (like mostly League of Legends, but also some other not that heavy games on steam). I am a programmer (web developer) but usually dont program on my own computer but maybe want to do so...

Here is the build I made after a research... its a bit over my budget (I didn't want to spend more than U$1k ), but thats the best I could do (I chose this thinking in the future, dont want to replace things quickly). I already have the Monitor and Im purchasing Windows 11.

I do want pieces with RGB colours and they need to be in sync, thats why I chose most of the Corsair RBG stuff. I live in Australia, so the prices are a bit different here, but mostly buying from Amazon, or from another online retailer here - Scorptec).

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: Intel Core i7-12700KF 3.6 GHz 12-Core Processor ($214.99 @ Amazon)
CPU Cooler: Corsair iCUE H100i ELITE CAPELLIX XT 65.57 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler ($164.99 @ Amazon)
Motherboard: Asus TUF GAMING B760-PLUS WIFI D4 ATX LGA1700 Motherboard ($189.99 @ B&H)
Memory: Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro SL 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3600 CL18 Memory ($84.99 @ Amazon)
Storage: Intel 670p 2 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 3.0 X4 NVME Solid State Drive ($119.99 @ Amazon)
Video Card: Asus DUAL V2 Radeon RX 6600 8 GB Video Card ($209.99 @ Newegg)
Case: Corsair iCUE 4000D RGB Airflow QL Edition ATX Mid Tower Case ($249.99 @ Corsair)
Power Supply: Corsair RM750 750 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply ($129.99 @ Amazon)
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 11 Home OEM - DVD 64-bit ($119.99 @ Amazon)
Monitor: BenQ MOBIUZ EX2710S 27.0" 1920 x 1080 165 Hz Monitor ($209.99 @ Adorama)
Total: $1694.90
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2023-12-17 19:24 EST-0500

I already checked for compatibility and seems fine!

Some other questions:

1) In regards to the CPU.. When looking for i7 model12700KF, on amazon, I saw that there are several options and price varies so much... as long as i get the i7 17000KF, they are all the same, right? the difference is only the seller (for this model, I know there are 12700K and 12700F, but im talking about 12700KF) ? (example: compare the one above with this one from Australia (where I live): Link , are they the same?)

2) The case I loved had 4 other fans, do i really need all of them? i dont want it to be too noisy, so I thought this was the solution? (plus, I am planning on getting the Corsair iCue H100i cooler, as mentioned above, so it will be 7 coolers in total, lol).

3) Just to check, but I need to buy the OS right? haha, seems a dumb question but thought I should make sure... will be Windows 11 or more.

Thank you!

Regards,
Junior

Last edited:

Inspireless Llama

Community Contributor
I can't advice you about Intel, CPU's nor motherboards, I never used it and I'm not that much into them, but the thing I notice is that even though you say you want RGB, I feel like you might be paying a huge premium on your case which could be spend on your GPU.

but 2) How many fans you need? I don't know, that's up to you I think :) I have a total of 9 fans in my case (3 front, 2 top, 1 back and 2 from my air cooler) and it's certainly overkill. I could have gone with 2 front and 1 back probably. I previously used an h100i as well but got rid of it and kept the fans.

3) Yes you do need to buy the OS. Sometimse you're lucky and if you keep the storage you already ahve it might activate on your new system but it doesn't always do that. If you're transfering your SSD from your old to your new system I'd wait with buying a new OS until you know wether it did that or not.

If I'm reading correctly though this is your first build and you don't have a PC / laptop already?

Reactions: Brian Boru
Dec 16, 2023
Visit site
I can't advice you about Intel, CPU's nor motherboards, I never used it and I'm not that much into them, but the thing I notice is that even though you say you want RGB, I feel like you might be paying a huge premium on your case which could be spend on your GPU.

but 2) How many fans you need? I don't know, that's up to you I think :) I have a total of 9 fans in my case (3 front, 2 top, 1 back and 2 from my air cooler) and it's certainly overkill. I could have gone with 2 front and 1 back probably. I previously used an h100i as well but got rid of it and kept the fans.

3) Yes you do need to buy the OS. Sometimse you're lucky and if you keep the storage you already ahve it might activate on your new system but it doesn't always do that. If you're transfering your SSD from your old to your new system I'd wait with buying a new OS until you know wether it did that or not.

If I'm reading correctly though this is your first build and you don't have a PC / laptop already?
Hey, thanks for the advice!

Yes, its the first PC I build, I had one 20 years ago, since then, , I always had MacBook but tired of games not being developed for mac and other stuff in regards to compatibility, and workarounds i have to do for things to work (although i love mac os ui interface and security and connectivity with other apple devices).

I am spending more than I should in the case, but its the only thing I dont want to change in my build haha... and it has 4 fans already, so if I save some money to buy another one without (or not as cool as this one), I would have to buy more fans or rgb, then, it would be the same thing...
But, since you mentioned the GPU, do u think that is not good enough for simple games? (counter strike, league of legends, baldurs gate, gta, and other steam games)

I am going to play and program, so I need good gpu and cpu as well... but maybe they are too much for what i want and my monitors resolution, but i dont plan to change my monitor so soon

Inspireless Llama

Community Contributor
I never used AMD cards, I think it should be a fine card (even though I'm not sure you'll get close to the 165 hertz your monitor has), and it should play the games you listed perfectly fine.

Just wondering, do you specifically want the white case? I can imagine, the white one does look nice, and I went for a black & white setup myself, but the 4000D black edition (no RGB) is like 75$ and you can get 3 (Corsair) RGB fans for $70. Add your RGB cooler and you have all your RGB fans.

Just look at that makes me wonder that it's kind of crazy that we all spend nearly the same on case fans as we do on the case itself :)

As for programming, to be honest I don't know system requirements for programming.

Dec 16, 2023
Visit site
I never used AMD cards, I think it should be a fine card (even though I'm not sure you'll get close to the 165 hertz your monitor has), and it should play the games you listed perfectly fine.

Just wondering, do you specifically want the white case? I can imagine, the white one does look nice, and I went for a black & white setup myself, but the 4000D black edition (no RGB) is like 75$ and you can get 3 (Corsair) RGB fans for $70. Add your RGB cooler and you have all your RGB fans.

Just look at that makes me wonder that it's kind of crazy that we all spend nearly the same on case fans as we do on the case itself :)

As for programming, to be honest I don't know system requirements for programming.
haha yeah, rgb fans are awesome haha.. ill look into it!

also, since u mentioned.. my friend told me to change the cooler, to get a cheaper one: cooler master masterliquid 240l core liquid cpu cooler.. it would save me $150 and then I could use that to improve my GPU...
its also rgb and compatible with the case! sounds good, right?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts