Help for a novice...

Oct 17, 2020
Visit site
I am purchasing a gaming PC for my nephew's bday and am hoping I could get some help on choosing.
From what his dad has told me I am looking at the two options in the links.
Is there one that is better than the other..or is there another pre-built option I should be looking at?
Thank you, I really appreciate any info...I am completely out of my element, but want to make sure I am getting him a decent PC.

On the surface the second one is slightly faster, it has a better GPU. However the fact that it only has a 1 year limited warranty coupled with the unbranded unspecified power supply would make me nervous. The power supply feeds your whole system, and a bad one will wear all the components over time, even if it doesnt blow up shortly after warranty.

The first option has a 3 year warranty, is cheaper and a 2060 super is not that much slower than a 2070 super.

I'm really not that familiar with pre-builts so someone else might have another option to consider but if it were me buying a gift from those two I'd get the first option.

It's worth considering if you dont need to buy right now, that new faster hardware is coming out in the next month or two that might bring down the prices of these systems, or make faster ones available for the same price.

Reactions: Zoid and Turtle27
Oct 17, 2020
Visit site
On the surface the second one is slightly faster, it has a better GPU. However the fact that it only has a 1 year limited warranty coupled with the unbranded unspecified power supply would make me nervous. The power supply feeds your whole system, and a bad one will wear all the components over time, even if it doesnt blow up shortly after warranty.

The first option has a 3 year warranty, is cheaper and a 2060 super is not that much slower than a 2070 super.

I'm really not that familiar with pre-builts so someone else might have another option to consider but if it were me buying a gift from those two I'd get the first option.

It's worth considering if you dont need to buy right now, that new faster hardware is coming out in the next month or two that might bring down the prices of these systems, or make faster ones available for the same price.

Thanks so much for the help, I really appreciate the info.

TRENDING THREADS