Question HELP BAD GPU VRAM USAGE !!

May 9, 2020
Visit site
Hello so i have been noticing that my computer has been underperforming and getting really loud at some times so i tried to reset windows but nothing still the same so i tried benchmarking it and checking in task manager and noticed at 100% usage in games its only using 1 gb of VRAM from 6GB its supposed to have so please if anyone can help i will appreciate it greatly
HERE IS A USERBENCHMARK LINK FOR MY RIG: https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/27841021

So your rig is:
i3 9100F
GTX 1660 Super
Team T253X2256G 256GB (SSD)
Crucial CT8G4DFS8266.M8FD 1x8GB (RAM)
Asus PRIME H310M-K R2.0

Ignore userbenchmark as it's garbage at best, misleading at worst.

1) What are the case, CPU cooler, and power supply?

2) If you use HWinfo to monitor GPU and GPU temperatures, what are they inder load?

3) When you "underperforming" - underperforming how? What exactly is happening?

4) What is at 100% usage? Task manager shows a lot of things, which is it that is at 100%?

5) And during what game(s)?

6) In addition to the info above, I suggest you download and run the "demo" version of 3DMark and post a link to uyour timespy result. Also tell us the maximum temperatures recorded for CPU and GPU during that benchmark

Reactions: Inspireless Llama
May 9, 2020
Visit site
1) the case power supply and and coolers are unknown to me i bought the computer prebuild here is the listing http://www.sbsinformatique.com/prod-38062-LUMINA-2-★-i3-9100F-★-GTX-1660-Super.html
i do know that the cpu has its stock cooler and i have tow fans one at the front and one at the back
as for the PSU it said its titan brand with 400w
2)so for the temps i ran a rise of the tomb raider benchmark while having HWmonitor open and the core temps are around 60-70 and the gpu temp is around 55-57
3)so by underporforming i mean first of all **** fps in games and i know that because ive seen other benchmarks on youtube and they are better then mine
and second of all i mean that the gpu is using in game around 3-4 gbs of dedicated ram and it sais that its 100% usage so i does have more power but its not using it could it be a cpu bottleneck?
4) by 100% i mean in the performance tab in task manager i go to gpu 0 and scroll down and its the only percentage on screen
5)for now because i have a very bad internet connection i have been downloading less games and low end because of the risk of it not working like watch dogs 2 it happened a couple days ago i ran it at ultra and lowest setting but it seams between them its only gaining like 10 fps and btw its hardly reached 60 fps mostly 40-50fps
6)as for 3dmark i am downloading steam now ill post as soon as i finish with the benchmark
and thank you man really appreciate you
Oussebon

Reactions: Oussebon

Inspireless Llama

Community Contributor
There's a difference between 100% usage and 100% VRAM usage btw.

As far as I'm aware, if your GPU is at 100% usage, it could also mean that the clocks are running at their full speed (1700mhz or w/e it is). That doesn't have much to do with VRAM.

What resolution are you trying to game on? Is it 1920x1080, 2540x1440 or 4k?

Reactions: Kaamos_Llama
May 9, 2020
Visit site
and im sorry if i am late because i couldn't find how to share the 3dmark results so im just gonna give you the score and fps
-TimeSpyPerformanceCPUScore 3564
-TimeSpyPerformance3DMarkScore 5381
-TimeSpyPerformanceGraphicsScore 5914
-TimeSpyPerformanceGraphicsTest1 38.02
-TimeSpyPerformanceGraphicsTest2 34.33
-TimeSpyPerformanceCpuSection2 11.98
and hope this is enough and please if you have the time help im desperate

Inspireless Llama

Community Contributor
UcF8wXS.png

NOTE: This is an example of one of my benchlmarks, not the OP's!

Reactions: Oussebon

TRENDING THREADS