Question Games similar to Battleswarm: Field of Honor?

Jun 24, 2020
Visit site
Hey

So i don't use forums like this a lot so sorry if this is the wrong place but i recently managed to remember the name of the game in the title that i remembered playing. I thought it was pretty cool both how you fought hordes on the human team and how it was a FPS/RTS hybrid.

Of course the game has not existed in a long time so rip my nostalgia. All the games that also attempt this hybrid style that i could find seem to have bad reviews so i wonder if anyone knows games that are more or less the same that are actually worth playing?

There aren't many games that offer an asynchronous experience where one side is FPS and the other is RTS. Natural Selection 2, since it was mentioned, has two teams in first person and both teams have one commander that issues orders to the other players, and constructs buildings from an overhead view. It plays much more like a competitive shooter than an RTS. I wouldn't discount it for that however, it is a lot of fun.

Reactions: KiwiBlitz
Jun 24, 2020
Visit site
I have seen that game and it's not really what i am looking for. I wish there were more games like battleswarm because i think this FPS vs RTS idea is really unique.

Or for lack of that, PVE games where you fight of hordes that don't suck would be cool too.

Or for lack of that, PVE games where you fight of hordes that don't suck would be cool too.

If that's you're angle you have a lot more options. The top ones that come to mind are Killing Floor 2 and Warhammer Vermintide 2. Both are cooperative first person games, Warhammer melee based and Killing Floor a shooter. Warhammer has a structure similar to Left 4 Dead but there's a robust RPG system that lets you customize your characters perks and weapons.

Killing Floor 2 maps are more of an arena with hordes of enemies spawning and then trying to chase down your rag tag group of chaps wave after wave, until the final boss comes out for one last desperate assault.

Orcs Must Die is a third person tower defense game where you set traps along a path that is quickly assaulted by a horde of angry orcs. The sequel has multiple characters and coop, but I didn't get to play that one so I'm not sure if it's as good.

Earthbreakers isn't out yet but it is a FPS/RTS hybrid that looks like it might be right up your alley. I'm not sure on the PVE aspect though.

Reactions: Frindis
Jun 24, 2020
Visit site
Oh god i remember orcs must die. I used to play a lot of orcs must die unchained. I thought that game was pretty dead by now.

To clarify when i said PVE i meant co-op PVE. I've never been one to enjoy running solo in most cases.

Edit: Yeah orcs must die unchained seems to be shut down by now. It seems an orcs must die 3 is almost done but its going to be an google stadia exclusive? Seems like a poor decision to make it exclusive to that failing mess to me so i hope that changes.

Last edited:
Jun 24, 2020
Visit site
Yeah maybe. I could not find anything so i surrender to solo play atm and am playing EDF 5 which is ok but i wish i would actually let you run a whole campaign co-op rather than making rooms for random missions.

TRENDING THREADS