E-bikes are kinda Awesome

Jan 13, 2024
Visit site
So I impulse bought a 1000w 20Ah moped-style e-bike 'bout a week ago. I'm surprised by how fun it is.

I'd never owned a motorcycle or anything similar, or even driven one before. One of the first things I did was take a spill, ofc, but luckily I was at a stop. I adopted a dog from the human society a week ago, and ordered this bike, and we've been out riding the trails together the last few days. Sometimes the neighbor's dog joins us, and we go out into this huge empty field in the desert and roam around, there's cows and horses who wander out there we sometimes find. It's great.

it's got 5 speeds with pedal assistance. I'm usually on speed 2 and I like to pedal, so after 12 miles my bike's battery is still at 100% charged. I'd have no problem driving it into town and back, and even though it has a motor, I think it's street-legal without a registration because it's an actual bicycle, too. It's extremely easy to pedal, also, about the same amount of resistance as an exercise bike.

It's sparked an interest, big time. I basically have no choice now but save to buy a real electric motorcycle, like the Eahora M1 Knight. They really are so cool, the way you just glide along, how quiet the motor is with no engine. It just seems to me like electric motorcycles make more sense and have much more potential than electric cars.

Plus, have you seen the design of the Tesla CYBERTRUCK? Everything about it, including the name, is just goofy and it looks like it a 'johny cab' from the og Total Recall, except less stylish. Kinda embarrassing that such a featureless, boring design is 'state-of-the-art'. Nothing about it is artistic, lol. The e-bike I got, though, was def worth the $650 I paid for it.

Yes I had to sell my old Moto Guzzi last year which I'd owned since 1987 and had slowly customised, mainly because garage prices are spiralling due to ease of stealing motorbikes.

But I've been keeping an eye on all the new electric motorbikes, watching the YT reviews etc and I'm hoping to move out of the city soon and then I'll get one.

Just so much easier to use and maintain in so many ways. And fun:)

Reactions: Brian Boru
Jan 13, 2024
Visit site
I'm getting a full motorcycle helmet already, just in case I need to go on the road. Even a 1000w bike has a regulator on it, and can be unlocked to go 50mph, I've heard. Doing 20mph on dirt trails feels pretty darn fast. There's another rider with a dirtbike around here that's made all these trails, some of them wind up right next to cliffs. Had a moment where my dog was in front of me as I was heading up to the edge of the cliff, with her looking up and back at me like 'this is it, this is the end, my friend'. LoL.

I was a bit surprised, expecting a bike with motor on it, not really that special. It's more like a moped, half bike-half motorcycle, and feels better than riding a traditional bike. I just moved to a new area, so it's a good way to explore around. I want to get a solar charger, so I can basically run it for free.

Yes I kept all my biking gear just in case. The Guzzi was also getting too heavy for me at 550 Ibs!

I figure by the time I buy one they will have longer battery life and speeds. I've beem a bit addicted to Days Gone game so was looking at getting a dirt bike like the Zero FX ZF or the E-Ride Pro SS, but there's many out there.

I had a look at the Eahora M1 Knight it looks like a cross between a bobber and a low rider but unique.

There are some amazing electric road bikes out there and all the major manufacturers are coming out with new models like Ducati and Yamaha although probably too pricey for my needs.

Yes I like the Tesla road cars but the Cybertruck just looks clunky and ugly. I've mostly see YT videos of people shooting at it.

This is one of my dream buys and im just waiting for when something like this would be more practical in my life. Like @ipman said, probably when battery life and/or higher speeds are available and cheaper.

I bought my son a e-scooter for campus and before he left i took it for a spin around my neighborhood and it was fast for what it is so i guess if i want to use that when hes back here on breaks i can but id rather have a bike.

Jan 13, 2024
Visit site
Cool. The actual bike I got was an Amyet V9 G60, from ali. There were some more expensive models on sale, but I just got the cheapest one 'cause it seemed like the best deal and I liked the design. I blanked out the logo on the battery with acrylic paint so it's in stealth-mode. Looks like a normal bike with some boxes strapped onto the frame.

I subbed to this Juiced Joyrides channel on youtube, guy reviews electric bikes, scooters and idk if I'd want to get on an electric scooter going that fast. Seems pretty precarious, probably a lot of hospital visits caused by those. Might as well go all-out deathtrap with an electric unicycle.

Yes from what I've read the new improved batteries are expected late 2025/26 boosting the EV car range to over 600 miles.
It seems to me that what's missing is a marketing trick> snappy, memorable, cool names. I think that's always been a big selling point with the old style motorbikes; Triumph Bonneville 'The Bonnie' with it's links to the salt flats, the Guzzi Le Mans, etc. (Hence I'm tradmarking several names; The Flash...........)

@DXCHASE yes I 'd like to have a go on one of those rental electric scooters, but I just know if I come off it someone will have uploaded it to YT before I've dusted myself off.

TRENDING THREADS