Forza Horizon 4 far distance blurry

Nov 28, 2021
Visit site
Hello guys. I'm playing Forza Horizon 4 on high graphics settings. I get 80-90 FPS on average, but the ground looks blurry at a distance in the game. It gets better as it progresses. There is no problem with other objects not rendering in the game. There is no stuttering in the game either. What could be causing the probl
forza-horizon-4-28-11-2021-10_30_17_li-jpg.1227679

I've noticed in games that ground cover usually has a very low draw distance. In the image above, the ground is sloped downward, and I suspect the game doesn't think you have a clear view of the blurry section. It knows you can see it, otherwise it wouldn't draw it at all, but it doesn't meet the requirements for fleshing it out fully, whereas the hill on the other side looks better to me.

You could play around with draw distance in the graphics options, but I bet there really isn't anything you can do about this.

Nov 28, 2021
Visit site
I've noticed in games that ground cover usually has a very low draw distance. In the image above, the ground is sloped downward, and I suspect the game doesn't think you have a clear view of the blurry section. It knows you can see it, otherwise it wouldn't draw it at all, but it doesn't meet the requirements for fleshing it out fully, whereas the hill on the other side looks better to me.

You could play around with draw distance in the graphics options, but I bet there really isn't anything you can do about this.
thank you for your reply

I wonder if this has something to do with the read and write speed of the ssd?

It's just the way the game renders the ground. I went into FH4 and looked around. It's not winter right now, so I couldn't recreate your picture. But if you look at mine, the grass stops almost right in front of me and you just get a blurry, painted ground image. It doesn't look as bad as yours because you were looking at a snow mottled ground area. If I drive forward, the grass blends into the picture.

forza4.png

Zloth

Community Contributor
Yep, that's level of detail at a radius. Drawing all the grass properly all the way out to yonder hillside would smash your framerate into single digits or worse. The developers try to balance performance with graphics quality and come up with a distance: everything past the distance gets lower detail, everything closer gets higher. Sometimes they'll let you fiddle with that number, too - look for something like "level of detail distance" in the graphics settings.

Reactions: Brian Boru
Nov 28, 2021
Visit site
Yep, that's level of detail at a radius. Drawing all the grass properly all the way out to yonder hillside would smash your framerate into single digits or worse. The developers try to balance performance with graphics quality and come up with a distance: everything past the distance gets lower detail, everything closer gets higher. Sometimes they'll let you fiddle with that number, too - look for something like "level of detail distance" in the graphics settings.
thank you for your reply

TRENDING THREADS