Diablo 2 Resurrected

Page 2 - Love gaming? Join the PC Gamer community to share that passion with gamers all around the world!

Sarafan

Community Contributor
I wonder how much of the Diablo 2 manual still applies to the new version... I have it around somewhere, though i can't find it right now.

Well, my last pc would have run minimum easy enough but not recommended, but I can now.
Not sure what is needed for 1440p though.

The requirements are really high considering that it's an isometric hack 'n slash. My PC meets this requirements with ease (as long as I stick to 1080p), but not everyone will be happy. The new engine must be quire demanding. I hope that the posted requirements will let us play in 60 fps.

Reactions: Panji81
Jan 13, 2020
Visit site
In the meantime, someone released a mod that allows you to play at 60FPS, plus some other tweaks and fixes: https://github.com/bolrog/d2dx
View: https://i.imgur.com/uwnkFKi.mp4

Features
  • Turns the game into a well behaved DirectX 11 title on Windows 10 (also 7, 8 and 8.1).
  • High quality scaling to fit modern screen sizes, including widescreen aspect ratios.
  • High FPS mod using motion prediction, bypassing the internal 25 fps limit. Play at 60 fps and higher! (video)
  • Anti-aliasing of specific jagged edges in the game (sprites, walls, some floors).
  • Seamless windowed/fullscreen switching with (ALT-Enter).
  • Improved fullscreen: instant ALT-TAB and low latency.
  • Improved windowed mode.
  • Proper gamma/contrast.
  • Fixes a few window-related glitches in Diablo II itself.

Sarafan

Community Contributor
I've pre-ordered the game. :) I just couldn't wait any longer. Thankfully the price is lower than for most AAA titles. Keeping this in mind I've decided to pick up a full package of Diablo 3 as well. 20 euro is a really good price for the game with all add-ons.

I'll probably play D2R on the release date (if the servers are capable enough ;)). I haven't played Diablo 2 for 18 years or so. This will be a very nostalgic trip to the past. Alpha test have shown that the game is in fine condition even months before the actual release. I think Blizzard has learned the lesson from Warcraft 3 Reforged and we'll get a beautiful remaster. I keep my fingers crossed!

be funny if i could import my lvl 70 odd barb into game... shame I can't remember anything about game. Besides watching people speed run it.

So is it pure or did they put a way to respec more often, that will be a test. D2, if you mess up a character, you start again. No 2nd chances.

Ignores Prime Evil Collection, I don't want 3 again.

Its not so cheap here but nothing is, I wait a while as no rush to buy, its a digital copy I assume

Sarafan

Community Contributor
Ignores Prime Evil Collection, I don't want 3 again.

I never played D3 before, so it's a good deal for me. From what I've seen in other places D3 plus all add-ons is more expensive than in this bundle with D2R.

Its not so cheap here but nothing is, I wait a while as no rush to buy, its a digital copy I assume

It's not cheap, but still the price is lower than the price for most AAA titles. At least in the EU area. And yes, it's a digital copy of course. I suspect there will be no physical release.

Sarafan

Community Contributor
Would like to check it out sometime. I will probably wait for reviews because of how warcraft 3 remake turned out. I don't trust blizzard at all

The alpha tests have shown that the game is of high quality. I think that Blizzard took a lesson from Warcraft 3 Reforged and now will provide a great remaster. What's important the game is produced by former Vicarious Visions, which is known for quality remasters.

Last edited:

Sarafan

Community Contributor
Tried the beta and I think the game is marvelous. The atmosphere is hard to beat. It's basically the good old Diablo that I remembered, but with new fancy graphics which didn't loose almost anything from the original. Too bad that the progress in the beta will be reset on the release of final game, but I have to cope with this somehow. Anyway, I can recommend the game. It's probably the best remaster in history of gaming!

Reactions: Brian Boru

Sarafan

Community Contributor
I hope the persistent online isn't a feature on release as not all of us are in US and it seems its laggy from what someone who is playing it here tells me.

I've encountered some lags, but nothing critical. Blizzard might still provide a better infrastructure on the release date, although I expect there will be problems with connection right after the game has its premiere. As for the always online requirement, I have to disappoint you. Probably the connection will be required all the time. I'm not sure where, but I've read that somewhere.

I think they have done a fantastic job as well, despite my personal feelings for the company at the moment, im supporting this game for the employees and those that worked on this remake. I always love the feature of going from old to new, that never gets old and im glad they had that in the beta personally. I have had no lag problems as of yet. Still, overall, very solid remaster.

Reactions: Sarafan
It's probably the best remaster in history of gaming!
Wow, if it's better than Command and Conquer Remastered, you've got a fabulous game—good luck with it and enjoy :)

As for the always online requirement, I have to disappoint you. Probably the connection will be required all the time
Assuming it's on Steam, how does such a requirement match with Steam's 'Offline Mode'?

going from old to new, that never gets old
Never a truer word was spoken :p

"TCP/IP support will not be available in the upcoming Beta or the final game. After careful deliberation, we will no longer be supporting this option as we identified potential security risks and are committed to safeguarding the player experience."

Some thoughts from Median XL, that some of you might know from the modding community: https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/d...e-may-look-like-in-d2r-not-looking-good/38700

While this will not be much of a problem for the majority of the D2R players, it is a strike for the modding community, which I support. While not the only reason, this is just another thing that shows me that little effort has been put in catering to the modding community and why I will not support them. On the other hand, I do hope the ones that do, will have good experiences with D2R.

Reactions: Brian Boru
@Zloth It seems to me that people have been playing with TCP/IP for a long time now, speedrunners D2 as an example, without us hearing much about dangerous security risks. Plenty of games still use TCP/IP, so what are they doing differently and how are they avoiding these security risks that Vicarious Visions and Blizzard Entertainment seems to have a problem with?

They promise something again, don't deliver on it, and removes content without really explaining much about it. To me, it seems they did not have time to implement proper security measures, so they just canned it instead. That speaks volumes to me. At least they did not touch Diablo 2, for that I am grateful.

Last edited:

Zloth

Community Contributor
Plenty of games still use TCP/IP, so what are they doing differently and how are they avoiding these security risks that Vicarious Visions and Blizzard Entertainment seems to have a problem with?
It's been a LONG time since I did a direct TCP/IP connection so I'm really guessing here, but I expect the problem is that you need to open up a port in your firewall to do them. Then you tell somebody else, "OK, my port is open and I'm ready to play." If the other person is a hacker, they start their hacked up version of the game, steal your personal information, then tell you that they are having problems getting the game to start and need to go. Or maybe their copy of the game is actually a pirated version that works fine, while also siphoning off your files. Either way, you don't even know you've been robbed when it's all done.

Sarafan

Community Contributor
Lack of TCP/IP connection is not a problem for me. I didn't have plans to use it anyway. What worries me more is the lack of ladder on the release date. Warcraft 3 Reforged players are still waiting for it and it seems that they won't get it at all. I hope it'll be different with D2R.

Sep 20, 2021
Visit site
I cannot wait for remake, but I won't buy pre-order or soon after release. I will wait for recommendations and reviews. Looking at trailers, game promises to be goot a lot. But trailers and pre-released gameplays can be inadequate to reallity :D Will see

Sarafan

Community Contributor
I cannot wait for remake, but I won't buy pre-order or soon after release. I will wait for recommendations and reviews. Looking at trailers, game promises to be goot a lot. But trailers and pre-released gameplays can be inadequate to reallity :D Will see

Fair enough approach. Although there was an occasion to try the game by yourself during the open beta tests. I'm confident that we'll receive a quality product this time. Of course there will be bugs. That I'm sure. But there's a huge amount of work put in the remaster (or remake as it should be called). There won't be a repeat from Warcraft 3 Reforged.

So a question (related to pricing) about Diablo 2 Resurrected. I'm looking at the package deal for $59.99 USD that includes D3 with all the DLCs, for $20 more. Financially, it seems like a great deal, as I never played D3 because of the online only requirement. I'm not interested in the online play like PVP and such, but I've got to bite the bullet on this anyway to be able to play the remaster of D2.

So my question is: Is the single player aspect of D3 worth playing, or is it constructed as mainly a Co-op or PVP game?

Sarafan

Community Contributor
So my question is: Is the single player aspect of D3 worth playing, or is it constructed as mainly a Co-op or PVP game?

It's fully playable as a single player game. No co-op needed. You still have to be always online though to play it. I think that Diablo 2: Resurrected will require a constant connection as well. Anyway D3 is worth these $20. I can confirm it because I decided to buy this package as well. :)

Edit: Pre-load on PC is already available!

Last edited:
Reactions: mainer

TRENDING THREADS