Diablo 2 Resurrected

Feb 22, 2021
We finally have the "remake" of the game. Honestly from what I've seen on Blizzcon it makes me very happy and hopeful that the game will be done properly as Vicarious Visions are managing the project itself. Most importantly the core game will stay the same, rules, movement, environment, loot... everything. And the quality of life will be improved for todays RPG hack and slash standards.

I personally wont pre purchase, but as soon as I see the reviews and community feedback, if its all good, you can have my money!

What's your opinion on all of this?

Reactions: Frindis and Sarafan

Sarafan

Community Contributor
Jan 14, 2020
I'm also waiting for Diablo 2: Resurrected. The core thing is whether Blizzard will fulfill his promises. They promised a lot when it comes for Warcraft 3: Reforged and we all know how it ended. If they manage to deliver all of the announced features, we'll have a wonderful remaster. I have to say though that the 3D version of the game has a slightly different atmosphere. Perhaps it would be better to stick to the 2D engine and prepare high resolution assets only. This was done well in Starcraft Remastered. But apparently Blizzard aims into something more. That's quite risky, but may be profitable if done properly.

Reactions: ClarkPete
Feb 8, 2021
I personally wont pre purchase, but as soon as I see the reviews and community feedback, if its all good, you can have my money!

What's your opinion on all of this?
A good idea. Moreover, Blizzard has not been very happy with its products lately. All hope so far is only on Resurrected. I also plan to buy after the reviews appear.

Frindis

Jan 14, 2020
If they can't make this right, they should just pack their bags and call it quits. I'm fine with any outcome as I don't really have much good to say about Blizzard these days. Ok, strike that, maybe I do care a little since I did LOVE the original and it would be awesome for the fanbase (especially the speedrunning community), but at the same time, it's Blizzard we are talking about.

Last edited:
Aug 8, 2020
Never forger Warcraft 3: Reforged.
It was falsely marketed, stripped of the classic features, and later abandoned.
Yea... I may have preordered that one.... never again. I'm simply assuming Diablo II: Resurrected is garbage until I watch reviews that prove otherwise.

JSimenhoff

Community Manager
Staff member
Nov 25, 2019
Yea... I may have preordered that one.... never again. I'm simply assuming Diablo II: Resurrected is garbage until I watch reviews that prove otherwise.
It's pretty sad, but I'm very much the same way for any game from a AAA company, such as Activision Blizzard, EA, Bethesda, CDProjekt Red etc.

I've been burned far too many times and promised too much only to receive an unfinished product. I even remember when the original Diablo 3 came out. It was quite broken and only perfected into the gem that it is at a much later date.

I'm cautiously optimistic for Diablo 2 Resurrected. I'm hoping to take part in the alpha or beta, and will look out for the PC Gamer review once it drops.

Sarafan

Community Contributor
Jan 14, 2020
I'm not planning to pre-order the game, but I'll probably buy it right after some opinions show on the Internet. If the game is fairly bug free and has all of the announced content, it'll be an instabuy for me. I haven't played Diablo 2 since 20 years or so.

Sarafan

Community Contributor
Jan 14, 2020
So, did anyone here get access to the alpha version? What are your opinions? I didn't sign up for it, because I prefer to wait for the finished game. Alpha has only two acts available and I don't want to spoil myself the fun by playing the unfinished game. :)

Jan 15, 2020
Didn't get into the alpha unfortunately but from the reviews and all the videos ive seen so far, Vicarious Visions seems to be doing a great job with it. I have loved the idea of being able to switch between the new and old versions and the new one is pretty spot on from the original. It'll be nice to play but i'm not like going nuts for it, there is an EXCELLENT Grim Dawn /Diablo 2 full conversion mod called Reign of Terror, which quelled my thirst for an updated version of Diablo 2 and it wasn't made by Blizzard, a company i don't like supporting too much anymore for various reasons. I highly recommend checking that out as a Diablo 2 fan, albeit you need a copy of Grim Dawn.

Reactions: Frindis

Sarafan

Community Contributor
Jan 14, 2020
I have a copy of Grim Dawn so this shouldn't be a problem. Maybe I'll check it out, but I must admit that I'm waiting for Diablo 2 Remaster and don't want to spoil the fun. :)

Reactions: Frindis

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts