Coconut Monkey Cornerclub

Page 5 - Love gaming? Join the PC Gamer community to share that passion with gamers all around the world!
but I just don't know how much use it's truly going to get with my PC

That is the main problem I have. The time I can spend playing video games is already limited, so even if i bought an Xbox or PlayStation, it would just rarely get used and feel like a waste of money for me. I'll definitely be missing out on some great games, but I can barely keep up with my 'must play' list in Steam (and my entire library is just out of the picture)

Reactions: Zloth and Alm

Sarafan

Community Contributor
Not sure if this belongs in separate thread, but.... Microsoft just bought Zenimax for 7.5bln $.

Kinda insane

View: https://twitter.com/Xbox/status/1308028874962337793

That's really astonishing! ZeniMax was considered to be a huge company and it gets bought by another huge company! Microsoft is heavily investing in gaming. A lot more heavily than I expected. Good things might come out of this. I hope they'll allow id Software to continue developing great, single player focused FPSs.

Reactions: Alm

OsaX Nymloth

Community Contributor
Back to 2 monitors. When working during weekend I felt like a caveman with only one screen.
Also found receipt and I was mistaken. That monitor wasn't 6 years old, it was 8 years old, bought in 2012. So I guess I got the mileage from both of my old ones.

Anyway, feelsgoodman being able to put stuff on two screens. If anything I would add 3rd one at some point as well, but never go back to one.

Reactions: Zloth

Zloth

Community Contributor
After I finished, I looked up all three endings for Witcher 3. This isn't like some games where there's one good ending and one even better ending if you're willing to grind for a few hundred hours and/or look up exactly what responses to give. In Witcher 3, all three endings are excellent.

Reactions: Ryzengang

Zloth

Community Contributor
Maybe? But I can also alt-tab. It's not like I'm going to be looking at more than one application at a time. At least not on my laptop screen.
Multi-desktop is pretty handy and its built right into Windows. Instead of alt-tab, do start-tab (or windows key-tab or whatever its called on your keyboard). In the upper left, click the + to make a new desktop. You can click desktops on this screen to switch between them but, unless you make quite a few desktops, its easier to use start-control-right and left arrows to switch between them.

It's handy for grouping windows together. Maybe you'll have an email telling you to do something and Excel open to do that something on Desktop 1. Then somebody calls and you need to a few things to work on another task - put those over on Desktop 2. Now you can switch back and forth with the win-ctrl-left/right instead of hunting around through the task bar. I've found it useful in gaming, too, as its a little bit easier than alt-tab to try and switch out of full screen games.

Reactions: Pifanjr
A new weekend coming up and I am wondering what games you will be playing this time?

Hopefully, I will be traveling to Lillehammer (host of the 94 Winter Olympics) in Norway through Flight Simulator 2020 on Sunday'ish and also be doing some bunker sales in GTA V. Oh, and I REALLY want to win a bloody match in solo BR Warzone. I'm not that bad (I think) I just have a problem nailing those bush Wookiees and rotation gas dwellers.

Reactions: Pifanjr
I have no idea what I'm playing this weekend. I'm itching for something new, though. Shame about Mafia having denuvo, that would have been a fun distraction. I do need to rearrange my room, preordered a Quest 2 as my first entry into VR so I need to figure out how to make enough space. That might be my "game" for the weekend, bedroom tetris.

Zloth

Community Contributor
Endless Space 2 to start. My game is going well but I'm not sure if I'll declare myself the winner when it becomes clear I'll win or if I'll slog through to the end. (That's always been a problem in 4X games: you can see you're going to win long before the game acknowledges defeat.)

I assume—haven't checked in a couple of years—it's still non-persistent, ie doesn't stay thru a reboot?
Icons are the same on both desktops. It's only the open windows that are different. It's a second desktop, not a second monitor.

OsaX Nymloth

Community Contributor
Have some team tournament to attend where I expect to get absolutely rekt, some research to be done and I guess I will just play Pathfinder: Kingmaker. Gotta finish it this time!
Also tried the new Hyperstrange's game, Crossbow: Bloodnight and it seems pretty chill thing to launch for a couple of minutes. Managed to get top100 for now, but want to get way better score.

path of exile has just taken over my life atm. I was thinking if i put the effort in last week, i can go easy rest of the way. turns out my build needs a bit more tweaking and gear to be manageable. I'm starting mapping now so its usually painless but need to work on those challenges. Currently got 4. Need more 24 to get that pet cat.

Reactions: Frindis
Finishing up DOOM (2016) for the first time and had a lot of fun with it. To be honest, it could do without the bosses though. Really add nothing to the game and are little more than a nuisance. Nonetheless, it's still an excellent game. I think I'm going to start playing the Metro series next and see how that treats me.

Reactions: Frindis

OsaX Nymloth

Community Contributor
@OsaX Nymloth Only a Crossbow, how are they managing to make the weapon interesting enough?
The thing is, it's like 3$ for a small game that you can run anytime, play for 5-10 minutes and enjoy. Simple fun.
Civvie11 explains it well in his own way:
View: https://twitter.com/Civvie11/status/1309863476299530240

Also crossbow have 3 fire modes in total + jump + dash mechanics and map can get crowned really fast really easy and getting hit even once means restarting. Simple as I said, but quite addicting.

Reactions: Pifanjr and Frindis
*Sit's down in the antique velvet sofa and sips on a glass of prune juice*

Did you get time to play any horror games this Halloween? I did the Warzone zombie event and it was fun for a while jumping like crazy as a zombie, trying to eat other players. Other than that, I of course did not have the guts to play any real horror games. Shame, shaaaaaaame!:)

Reactions: Alm and Rensje

TRENDING THREADS