Beautiful Game Appreciation

Page 36 - Love gaming? Join the PC Gamer community to share that passion with gamers all around the world!

Inspireless Llama

Community Contributor
That's not a Kaamos selfie, that's definitely Inspireless.

Pfft.

R.I.P. Lydia. 2 minutes later I died so you were alive again. Then R.I.P. Lydia again. You lasted for about an hour. Being an adventurer in Skyrim is hard.

3804jLI.jpg

Y90EzTI.jpg

path tracing at ~60fps or ray tracing at +80fps ?
what do you choose ?
to me pt looks like the real goal for games, rt was just a step in between.
show the pt picture to most people, they won't tell it from a cgi movie.
surprised an old ass rtx3080 I got for 380eur can run it near 60, even without ai frames in between.

a few more amazing shots

vAXrttO.jpeg

9qkuju5.jpeg

aGGAqUo.jpeg

GzIXlTD.jpeg

5o1bClE.jpeg

a5eGO6n.jpeg

and yet a few more amazing shots I took from a later session in Pacifica area hunting down a cyberpsycho. It's so much more fun taking them down in a non lethal stealthy way than killing them like I did on my first playthrough. All you need is the cripple movement hack when he's turned around, then deafen them so that they're unalerted (optional) and you can choke them nice and clean all day long and stay undetected.

View: https://imgur.com/a/I90WdF0

I'm gonna so get banned for editing this post five times and adding more pics for sure, but this game looks so good now it's almost unreal.
View: https://imgur.com/a/nVVo6Ud

Last edited:
Alan Wake 2 looks pretty good. These are taken with all normal settings on highest possible, Ray Tracing on medium, which does include path tracing, but using DLSS Quality which renders it around 1080p and upscales to my 2560x1440. 50FPS + all the time so far.

TKtf3UC.png

Vsy8Ia3.png

Pf7cM0N.png

tFmAejm.png

WfmnYcI.png

lVtTS5l.png

Might grab some at native res with RT on high later to compare, its a bit of a slideshow to play like that on my rig.

Alan Wake 2 looks pretty good. These are taken with all normal settings on highest possible, Ray Tracing on medium, which does include path tracing, but using DLSS Quality which renders it around 1080p and upscales to my 2560x1440. 50FPS + all the time so far.

TKtf3UC.png

Vsy8Ia3.png

Pf7cM0N.png

tFmAejm.png

WfmnYcI.png

lVtTS5l.png

Might grab some at native res with RT on high later to compare, its a bit of a slideshow to play like that on my rig.
Looks great, PT medium is the way to go for AW2. What GPU are you using ?

Btw, dlss quality at 1440p uses 960p internal resolution, 1080p internal is 4k performance dlss preset.

Looks great, PT medium is the way to go for AW2. What GPU are you using ?

Btw, dlss quality at 1440p uses 960p internal resolution, 1080p internal is 4k performance dlss preset.
Bought a 4070 on Black Friday, it came with Alan Wake 2 which I was interested in anyway. Had a 5700XT before so not seem RT first hand on my system until now.

Theres actually a couple of INI tweaks I just found that reduce some of the blurriness that I thought was due to DLSS. So might have some more screenies soon that are a bit better even. Its weird there no option for native resolution, you have 3 levels of DLSS then DLAA, which kills my framerate completely. 50 minimum works alright for a game like this, so nice to be able to turn it mostly all up.

Didnt realize that native 1080p was for 4K DLSS, just remembered it was 900 odd by 1700 odd in the menu. Good to know.

Bought a 4070 on Black Friday, it came with Alan Wake 2 which I was interested in anyway. Had a 5700XT before so not seem RT first hand on my system until now.

Theres actually a couple of INI tweaks I just found that reduce some of the blurriness that I thought was due to DLSS. So might have some more screenies soon that are a bit better even. Its weird there no option for native resolution, you have 3 levels of DLSS then DLAA, which kills my framerate completely. 50 minimum works alright for a game like this, so nice to be able to turn it mostly all up.

Didnt realize that native 1080p was for 4K DLSS, just remembered it was 900 odd by 1700 odd in the menu. Good to know.
sweet, then my 3080 should do 1440p+pt at 50fps too. Btw, I prefer using dlss balanced than quality, a better trade off, just a little worse IQ for yet another 5-10fps.
Just swap the original dlss file for 2.5.1, it's still the best.

sweet, then my 3080 should do 1440p+pt at 50fps too. Btw, I prefer using dlss balanced than quality, a better trade off, just a little worse IQ for yet another 5-10fps.
Just swap the original dlss file for 2.5.1, it's still the best.
Should be about the same.

I'll try balanced next time I play it, especially if the INI settings improve the blurriness.

Looked up DLSS files quickly, are you using DLSSTweak? Sounds interesting.

Inspireless Llama

Community Contributor
Bleak Falls discovered?? I guess you started a new game?

I did! For some reaonss my mods on the lvl 50 character broke so started over. Figured it was time I tried doing a mage character so I started over. And then you have to do Bleak Falls Barrow all over again :)

Also, it's the first location where you can see the fog mods really come into play so it's alywas nice to make a screenshot there. Inmidiately followed by the questinos where the enemies actually are.

Hi All,

I've not been around for a lil bit. I have been chillin- mostly. I hope you all have been well and have had- and will have great Holidays :)

I have mostly of late been playing Borderlands 3 Ultimate. I bought the Steam ver from green man gaming for like $22.00. I got around Aug 20th and now have over 700 hours in game- SP. I finished a playthrough and the DLC' as Moze. I have been farming a lot for the god roll stat gear and trying to complete lots of stuff for achievements etc.

I was in no hurry to buy being epic was at war with Steam and they waited a year to bring the game to Steam. Is some other things I dont agree with but I try and look past it. I love the borderlands games- shooter looter. I always liked the art style of the games. It runs great- max settings and 4K- woot.

Looking good-- >

1jguePj.jpg

u8OO7dJ.jpg

uJ1yBnl.jpg

1 of my fav weapons-- >
1h7i2RJ.jpg

Last edited: