Baldur's Gate 3 Playthrough Discussion

Page 5 - Love gaming? Join the PC Gamer community to share that passion with gamers all around the world!

I think Josh Sawyer is right. Clerics are perceived as primarily support characters and players typically don't pick a support character for their main character.

BTW, the achievement list for Solasta shows what people have been rolling up. Players don't have to play what they rolled and some of the classes weren't even there when the game first appeared, but it's still interesting that Solasta's MOST popular class is the Cleric at 54.7%! Paladin is 4th.

This also makes sense why in Solasta the Cleric is the most popular. In Solasta you don't have a main character, you create an entire party and I suspect almost every party will have a Cleric.

Having a potentially game breaking issue here, might have to reload a much older save. Spoilers but wondering if anyone else had something similar.

Was killing my way through the Goblin camp after finding Halsin, during a the fight with the Hobgoblin True Soul Gale got kicked to a lower level spider dungeon area and died the true death. No biggie, speak to Withers in camp right? Go to camp but realise I dont have the 200 Gold to rez him, so I take Wyl with me for a bit until I get to a merchant and sell up some stuff to get enough gold for Gale.

Finish off the other True Souls and speak to Halsin, go to the Grove and party. Pay Gales fee to Withers but he's still dead and necrotic.

Did some searching online for bugs related to this and find that after full death Gale is supposed to appear as an apparition and give some advice on how to bring him back and a quest appears in journal. Either this didnt trigger, or I didnt notice it and failed to talk to it, no quest in journal. According to reports Gales corpse is a 2 day game ending nuclear fusion bomb if not brought back.

This kind of sucks.

Having a potentially game breaking issue here, might have to reload a much older save. Spoilers but wondering if anyone else had something similar.

Was killing my way through the Goblin camp after finding Halsin, during a the fight with the Hobgoblin True Soul Gale got kicked to a lower level spider dungeon area and died the true death. No biggie, speak to Withers in camp right? Go to camp but realise I dont have the 200 Gold to rez him, so I take Wyl with me for a bit until I get to a merchant and sell up some stuff to get enough gold for Gale.

Finish off the other True Souls and speak to Halsin, go to the Grove and party. Pay Gales fee to Withers but he's still dead and necrotic.

Did some searching online for bugs related to this and find that after full death Gale is supposed to appear as an apparition and give some advice on how to bring him back and a quest appears in journal. Either this didnt trigger, or I didnt notice it and failed to talk to it, no quest in journal. According to reports Gales corpse is a 2 day game ending nuclear fusion bomb if not brought back.

This kind of sucks.
Not happen'd to me. :(

I did experience something similar when Gale died in Act 2. I could not res him, but I believe I noticed his apparition in the camp as an exclamation point. So, in case you have not done a full rest in camp, that might help. If you have and still don't see the apparition, maybe opening Gales's pouch that he has on his character could be of help.

Damn, thanks anyway. It just happened as my playtime finished so didnt get a chance to try much out beyond looking at the pouch.

I did do a full rest but maybe it didnt count as a normal one because there were multiple non party NPC's hanging around to talk too and everyone was particularly horny. When I get a chance I'll try resting a normal long rest, either Gale will explode or his apparition will appear.

Sarafan

Community Contributor
My playthrough of Baldur's Gate 3 has slowed down significantly. It's as as I expected. The second act isn't as good as the first one and there are things that start to annoy me. For example, the necessity to visit a camp when you decide to take a long rest was fun until the companions had new things to say. Now it's really annoying. Also the camp supply mechanics are completely unnecessary given that there's plenty of them lying here and there. Besides that, why they decided to make teleportation waypoints instead of a regular world map? The waypoints are text only and it takes some time for me to find the one that I need. And the list will get even longer when I'll progress forward! The graphics of the world map was prepared for the collectors edition of the game and it was considered at some point. No idea why they dropped it. Take a look, if you don't mind some spoilers. The first is an in game screenshot of early version of the game. The second, collectors edition world map.

LG9C8Vn.jpg

GR0pKoB.jpg

After Divinity Original Sin 2 I expected that the normal difficulty will be harder. Basically, as for now, I don't have any trouble getting through combat encounters and I'm starting to regret not picking the Tactical difficulty. I also fear that I might get to the level cap long before the actual ending and reaching a level cap early in an RPG is game breaking for me. Anyway, I'll be taking a break from the game for now. I'll come back and finish it for sure, but need take a longer rest at this moment.

Last edited:
My playthrough of Baldur's Gate 3 has slowed down significantly. It's as as I expected. The second act isn't as good as the first one and there are things that start to annoy me. For example, the necessity to visit a camp when you decide to take a long rest was fun until the companions had new things to say. Now it's really annoying. Also the camp supply mechanics are completely unnecessary given that there's plenty of them lying here and there. Besides that, why they decided to make teleportation waypoints instead of a regular world map? The waypoints are text only and it takes some time for me to find the one that I need. And the list will get even longer when I'll progress forward! The graphics of the world map was prepared for the collectors edition of the game and it was considered at some point. No idea why they dropped it. Take a look, if you don't mind some spoilers. The first is an in game screenshot of early version of the game. The second, collectors edition world map.

After Divinity Original Sin 2 I expected that the normal difficulty will be harder. Basically, as for now, I don't have any trouble getting through combat encounters and I'm starting to regret not picking the Tactical difficulty. I also fear that I might get to the level cap long before the actual ending and reaching a level cap early in an RPG is game breaking for me. Anyway, I'll be taking a break from the game for now. I'll come back and finish it for sure, but need take a longer rest at this moment.
Shame to hear it drops off for you, hoping it wont be the case for me but youre not the only one to say it. I'm still mopping up act 1 and its still fun for now.

Totally agree with the camping supply thing, and also that the difficulty is nowhere near as high as Divinity 2. I'm still finding some challenge, but usually its because I got somewhere too early.

Seems that I've lost Gale for this save permanently, but whatever bug it is seems to have also prevented him from exploding and ending the game as well.
Looking at his pouch causes it to break permanently and his corpse has been there for multiple long rests now.

Luckily I'm finding Wyl to actually be more fun to use. I had thought that he was a warrior, and I have Karlach as my main char. Using Wyl as a Warlock, Shadowheart as a caster Cleric and Astarion as a Rogue/Mage hybrid gives a lot more versatility, so no need for a dedicated spell caster who need to be babied. Wyls Eldritch blast upgraded to cause 5m knock back has been really good and I've got some pretty good AOEs and a lot of utility spells across them all.

LG9C8Vn.jpg

GR0pKoB.jpg

Not sure i unerstand what you mean by text only? I can see the WPs on my map, big swirling blue thingys.

Sarafan

Community Contributor
Not sure i unerstand what you mean by text only? I can see the WPs on my map, big swirling blue thingys.
That's true, but it applies only to the currently visited area. If you want to go back to the previous areas through teleportation, you have to select the waypoints from a long text list that's on the right side of area map. It's frustrating that you can't see which description refers to which area. It would be a lot more convenient if they used a traditional world map.

That's true, but it applies only to the currently visited area. If you want to go back to the previous areas through teleportation, you have to select the waypoints from a long text list that's on the right side of area map. It's frustrating that you can't see which description refers to which area. It would be a lot more convenient if they used a traditional world map.
Ah yes you mean that way. Yes it is a bit annoying, however i rarley go back and forth bnetween different areas in that way, it was at it's "worst" in act 2.

So far i don't 100% get the chriticism towards act 2 and 3 being allot worse than act 1. I realy enjoyed act 2. Sure it wasn't as good as act 1 but close, and what i have seen of act 3 so far is on par with the other two acts. I have been lucky it seems, i havn't encounterd to many bugs yet, the worst one is that starting the game takes forever since i reached act 3 for some reson, loading saves are quick as normal but the first startup of the game can take 5 minutes.

starting the game takes forever since i reached act 3 for some reson, loading saves are quick as normal but the first startup of the game can take 5 minutes.
Is this from some sort of 'Continue' button in main menu? Maybe load an old save instead, then load most recent one might speed it up.

Sounds like it's trying to load the entirety of something before giving you control, whereas other Acts did it properly, loading most of whatever in the background while you're playing.

Reactions: Sarafan and Pifanjr
Is this from some sort of 'Continue' button in main menu? Maybe load an old save instead, then load most recent one might speed it up.

Sounds like it's trying to load the entirety of something before giving you control, whereas other Acts did it properly, loading most of whatever in the background while you're playing.
No, its from when i first start the game, klick the play on larian (compleetly unnecisery) launcher. Larian logo show up etc, then you get a % counter, it rolls upp to 100% then get stuck there for 5 minutes. Game sound keeps going so it dosn't compleetly lock up, after about 5 mins the backgroundimage changes it loads to 100 and i am in the main menu. I did not have this problem at all before reaching act3, not sure if it is related to act 3 itself or patch 2.

larian (compleetly unnecisery) launcher
Aw geez, another one of those o_O

You might be able to bypass it in Steam settings. I remember finding a way to bypass Firaxis launcher for Civ6…
See if either of these help:

Reddit thread

Another general tip for any unusually slow software is to find it in Task Manager after launch, and change it's priority to High in Properties.

Reactions: Pifanjr
Aw geez, another one of those o_O

You might be able to bypass it in Steam settings. I remember finding a way to bypass Firaxis launcher for Civ6…
See if either of these help:

Reddit thread

Another general tip for any unusually slow software is to find it in Task Manager after launch, and change it's priority to High in Properties.
Steam? I run DRM Free from GoG! :D But i can do the same there hehe.

TRENDING THREADS