YT channels and random interests.

Page 13 - Love gaming? Join the PC Gamer community to share that passion with gamers all around the world!
To be honest, we all should live in small block houses/barracks. It is kind of ridiculous to be owning a large house and have so much unnecessary space. Even more ridiculous owning large cabins AND a big house. There is not much excuse for it except that it was just how it was done. I guess that is why we see a trend now of getting those microhouses. The only thing that sucks with those is that a lot of them are ridiculously expensive because they try to be a large home.

It's kind of funny when you think of it, because people used to live quite cramped up, then the economy just skyrocketed and suddenly everyone wanted big houses, two cars, and a big ass lawn, the lawn being another example of prosperity.

Reactions: Brian Boru
Australian & US houses seem to be bigger but then so are the countries. If you have lots of space around you, why not. Size of house is so varied here, from tiny houses made by the first settlers to mansions made by the better off who live today.

My house was originally built by the government and then parents bought it. Almost all the houses in my suburb were built this way, only a few private houses. They would build entire suburb and then sell lots. So its not a big house compared to many of them in my suburb that have been built in the last 10 years. Most of the Govt houses are about 60 years old. New people buy the land, knock down house and rebuild.

Not many new houses in my street, though one on the corner was knocked down a few weeks ago, they haven't started building there, and three houses up my street they replaced two in a row in the last 10 as well. The street behind us is mostly new houses in recent years. Google maps needs to update as it shows houses that no longer exist.

I like small rooms, I would have too much space around me... used to what I have. I see open plan houses and say Pass.

Australian & US houses seem to be bigger but then so are the countries. If you have lots of space around you, why not.
Mainly because we are not the only ones living here and disrupting the ground just because wanting more space would destroy or make it harder for other species to live their lives. Not necessarily like this always, but if you look at why we have some many wildlife reservations around the world, you kind of understand where the problem lies.

Our ancestors disturbed wildlife enough that they may not be around to notice

By 1920 it is thought there were 10 billion rabbits in Australia. The population is currently estimated to be 200 million. Those rabbits inhabit 70% of Australia’s landmass (5.3 million km2) and are generally widespread wherever they are found.

they aren't native.

Reactions: Frindis
Pretty normal for humans to disturb wildlife, no wonder the megafauna suddenly disappeared. "Oh look, a giant sloth of meat. I wonder if this spear could kill it?" That does not mean we have to follow the trend. We have the same problem with wolves (some, but not all native) in Norway, kill or not killed. Farmers want them dead, some politicians, and the rest mixed. If it is a pest problem, then it is a matter of us vs them, as simple as that.

I dunno man, I think I would have loved to see a giant sloth wandering about and whatever did the poor mammut ever do to us homo sapiens? In our defense, it probably was not even the homo sapiens that killed them off (actually we don't know for sure what happened to them) but some other more primitive and angry sapiens tribe.

We used to have wombats the size of Elephants. The ones we have now are bad enough if you hit one on a road, an elephant sized one would total the car. More than just one animal would die.

Man would have to be way more careful if all the megafauna were still around.

it probably was not even the homo sapiens that killed them off (actually we don't know for sure what happened to them) but some other more primitive and angry sapiens tribe.
seems there were witnesses here

"Thought too, hard to pinpoint, might have, found so far, to around, but still haven't, no we don't have, some insights, still being debated, suggests, more like, estimate, potentially, and if, might have been " and so on.. Jupp, a lot of credible evidence she brings on board in the few minutes I watched.

A wombat size of an elephant would have been insane to witness. Do you try to cuddle it or just run? I mean, people try to pet and talk to elephants, elks, and even bears, so it would not be so strange either. Unfortunately, the bear does not understand English:
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B3qhEIZBlX8

Last edited:
You two need English lessons for sure—12-15 posts talking about mobile homes… without ever mentioning them! o_O No wonder they banished ye to the N & S extremes of the planet :D

The Economist did a chart on English as a 2nd language proficiency in 2018:

vjgPzJS.png

Ties in with my experience, the few Dutch I've dealt with had better English than most native speakers.

Not sure re credibility of this site, but they did note that "English … in New Zealand … is not recognized as one of the country’s two official languages", which comes as a surprise to many.

Reactions: Zloth
Well, we were waiting for you, but your entrance took like forever so we had to come up with something god dammit!:) I'm still with "unit" sounding weird as a place to live when thinking of containers or similar as it resembles in the States. Like those unit shows aka pawn shop edition. Or, I am completely wrong, but that never happened as far as I know or am willing to remember.

Last edited:
"Thought too, hard to pinpoint, might have, found so far, to around, but still haven't, no we don't have, some insights, still being debated, suggests, more like, estimate, potentially, and if, might have been " and so on.. Jupp, a lot of credible evidence she brings on board in the few minutes I watched.

A wombat size of an elephant would have been insane to witness. Do you try to cuddle it or just run? I mean, people try to pet and talk to elephants, elks, and even bears, so it would not be so strange either. Unfortunately, the bear does not understand English:
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B3qhEIZBlX8

decides not to look at list, speculates NZ speak Maori and Sheep.

I'm still with "unit" sounding weird as a place to live when thinking of containers or similar as it resembles in the States.
even weirder as a middle name (Moon Unit Zappa)

We don't have an official language but we in 8th on the expanded list & 72% of the population have English as main language. You don't get very far around here not understanding it.

Last edited:
we were waiting for you

The Aurora have dimmed now, off to bed with you both. Happily I don't live near Norrkoping or Sourcoping but rather in Middle Earth, so I get to keep hobbit-friendly hours.

"unit" sounding weird as a place to live when thinking of containers or similar as it resembles in the States

I lived for a year in an apartment in California with an address like "Unit 2A, 24 5th Street…". It's also fairly common for office addresses, where there are multiple different companies on a single floor—so 'Floor 7' isn't precise enough.

speculates NZ speak Maori and Sheep

1 outa 2, not bad. In fairness, 2nd lingo isn't obvious.

The Aurora have dimmed now, off to bed with you both. Happily I don't live near Norrkoping or Sourcoping but rather in Middle Earth, so I get to keep hobbit-friendly hours.
Yeah, yeah, I get to bed shortly.
I lived for a year in an apartment in California with an address like "Unit 2A, 24 5th Street…". It's also fairly common for office addresses, where there are multiple different companies on a single floor—so 'Floor 7' isn't precise enough.
Interesting, didn't know that. Only heard unit being mentioned when it comes to police/military jargon, measurements, or like the unit I described earlier, but not building-wise.

its 9am here, a bit late for bed.

Sheep is a joke. Its throwing stones in glass houses, as they only have 25million sheep to our 78 million. Land mass is different size so they tend to be closer to theirs than we are to ours.

The word "unit" is used in so many different fields that I won't bother listing all its descriptions.

The word "unit" is used in so many different fields that I won't bother listing all its descriptions

No need, thanks Wiki :)

But did you know Norway has its own special usage? Someone's been keeping quiet about that huh—probably didn't want to cause a flap so close to bedtime.
"Unit (Norway), a government directorate"
Ooh, sounds spy stuffy—must check Alex Jones…

I sleep the old-fashioned way, crying myself to sleep

Weird, that's how I wake up. Another day on the forum, waaah 😭

Only heard unit being mentioned when it comes to police/military

There was a military 70-ep TV series The Unit which you might like. I watched a few eps but dropped off as imo 2 actors I like should've been cast in the other one's role: Dennis Haysbert and Robert Patrick. Covert ops plus shenanigans back at base.

• Haha
Watch the 'W', it's Fawlty Towers—@woodensaucer would've been right about this one ;)

Nope, not on BB at the moment—odd since it's a BBC show. But BB org is a mess:
"The service in the UK and the international services are operated differently, and host differing content, including BritBox UK's exclusive original content. There are content restrictions between each platform, leading some content to be available on one platform and unavailable on another."

It won't allow me to check britbox.com/no/ so have a look there yourself.

Watch the 'W', it's Fawlty Towers—@woodensaucer would've been right about this one ;)
No, it was not me, I swear. Someone edited it out in incognito mode!
It won't allow me to check britbox.com/no/ so have a look there yourself.
Meh, no search box to use. No worries, I'll check with Tubi TV (a very good site if you set the VPN to American and use Adblock to avoid commercials) and others I use. I think Amazon Video had it at some point, but I stopped using that after the Amazon Prime part worsened.

TRENDING THREADS