YT channels and random interests.

Page 12 - Love gaming? Join the PC Gamer community to share that passion with gamers all around the world!

sick of being lied to.

Shouldn't expect them to let someone embarrass themselves at end of the Olympics. Lets fake it instead
They did the same for a previous song in the games
So it was to be expected.

Its getting hard to hear people actually sing live now.

Watch his videos and discover almost all live songs on Youtube are corrected to sound better. You don't get what artists actually sang like. Its a sad awakening to find you been lied to for years. I knew long ago they mimed on TV shows, but when they start doing it in concert and they don't dance all over the place (which might give them some excuse) but just stand there and fake it for money, I have no respect for them.

Last edited:
Reactions: Brian Boru
If you want real music, you go to the local bar and listen to the dude playing Johnny Cash songs or listen to the local street singer with his small speaker. Or smaller local festivals that avoid the BIG celebs with their ridiculous raiders. A punk rock band in a cramped brown pub, does not get more real than that when you feel the music and vocals literarily tear into your bones.

Last edited:
  • Love
i like how one defense was = look at her overall scores, its not as bad as it looks... so someone did and she won 5 points total in 3 rounds... out of a total of 270 points possible. The other people she "danced" off against won the remainder of the points...so it wasn't a total loss, just a really massive one.

He is not normally like that, here is a more usual one

Reactions: Frindis
Then you have a country that sucked up to one of them for most of its past and then swapped to the other in last 80 years, we have a mix and can mostly act as translators. Provided you understand our accents.
Lets just add a language... yes, its sort of English

Some of our words sure throw people off

Last edited:
I always thought going to the movies made little sense. Going to the movies/film sounds like something you could do in your apartment while cinema makes more sense when you think of words like cinematography or a cinematographer. Candies and Sweet, now both make sense right? Lollies, on the other hand, make me think of a lollipop, which could be both a candy or an ice cream. I like Flat or apartments, I think both make sense. Unit does not make sense since it makes me think of a cargo unit. What do Australians call cargo unit? Pot makes sense, boiling pot is just fancy wording. What do the British call a non-boiling pot? Cold boiling pot? Lorry or rig is both wrong, truck is what makes sense. There, I just narrowed it down 😅

What do Australians call cargo unit?
um??

A vehicle, container, flat, pallet, portable tank, package unit, or any other entity, etc., and loading equipment, or any part thereof, which belongs to the ship but is not fixed to it.

Do you mean that?

No idea. Not sure what we would call those? I don't even know what to search, its not boat trailer as I that is what carries boat, not what follows boat...

I never said I was going to see Film when/if I saw a movie... not sure what I said but it wasn't that. Some of the Australian words I hear on videos like that make me wonder, as I never hear them. We are a big country though, could be other states do use them.

@Colif I just thought about cargo units as there was this American show having cargo units (from deceased people etc) for sale. So since they were using unit in the wording also, it made me think that why would you call home unit aka a container of sorts? Maybe I am stretching a bit here😅

Last edited:
Hmm, it's more permanently stationary, though a caravan could be used as that also. I think the best way to look at the house would be to consider them similar to shacks, but instead of being small shacks, they are longer, just like a container. Ahh, I think I found the word for it: It's a barrack of sorts.

@Colif It would be similar to this but with more wood paneling.
r72Y6mH.png

Last edited:
We don't really have a word for it, its just a different sized house... we might call it a unit but then we use that word for flats as well.
I see narrow block houses mentioned here, but those more than shape due to land constraints. Not out of choice. And front door at end of house, not in middle.
That makes me think of holiday units down the coast. But how they were 40 years ago... in my head. They probably been changed by now.

what our Gold Coast looked like before it went vertical

I wish picture was bigger. even copying link into Browser didn't help.

Reactions: Frindis

TRENDING THREADS