Question Your Favorite Building / Management Games

Page 2 - Love gaming? Join the PC Gamer community to share that passion with gamers all around the world!
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zoid

Community Contributor
Has anyone here tried Castle Story? I followed the development for a while when I first heard of it, but haven't really looked into it in a while. It seemed promising, but also like they wouldn't really be able to get a good game out of their ideas.

EDIT: Same question for Space Engineers, has anyone tried it? I tried it when it was still in development, but haven't played after they added planets because my PC couldn't handle it. I know that it has its own programming language you can use to automate stuff, but I've never played long enough to have any use for it.

Last edited:
Reactions: McStabStab

McStabStab

Community Contributor
Has anyone here tried Castle Story? I followed the development for a while when I first heard of it, but haven't really looked into it in a while. It seemed promising, but also like they wouldn't really be able to get a good game out of their ideas.

EDIT: Same question for Space Engineers, has anyone tried it? I tried it when it was still in development, but haven't played after they added planets because my PC couldn't handle it. I know that it has its own programming language you can use to automate stuff, but I've never played long enough to have any use for it.

Castle Story looks kind of like a cross between Stronghold and Minecraft or something, looks fun but it's got a mixed set of reviews from Steam users. I have not tried Space Engineers either, it looks complicated and I really enjoy Kerbal Space Program so maybe it'll be worth a shot down the line.

Reactions: Cimootz and Pifanjr
Feb 16, 2020
Visit site
I recently tried installing Theme Part from GOG on my PC, but I seem to have all sorts of issues running it :(
DOSBox seems to keep crashing, even if I slow down the cycles.

As much fun as it was to revisit it, I did end up installing Roller Coaster Tycoon 3 instead which I also had in my library, but unlike Theme Park have never really played! After getting through the gargantuan tutorial yesterday, I'm looking forward to diving into career mode :)

OsaX Nymloth

Community Contributor
Caesar 3 and Pharoah were my favorites a while back and I really loved the art style used in those games. The dialog from your citizens was hilarious though.
Ah I adored these back in the day, even tho it was sometimes a bit annoying how long it took to build some of the monuments in Pharaoh. But the art style was so smoothing, I could watch it for hours, similar case as with Settlers II. Good times.

Reactions: kingslayer
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS