Question Your Favorite Building / Management Games

Page 4 - Love gaming? Join the PC Gamer community to share that passion with gamers all around the world!
Jan 17, 2020
What are you programming?
Currently, an automated testing system for my company's other soft- and hardware solutions.

It's my first project in Blazor, so most of my time is spent on Stackoverflow and the Microsoft documentation.

It's like when you start a new building game and spent most of your time on the game's wiki, but instead of getting excited about the possibilities you mostly feel in way over your head and annoyed that things don't work the way you expect them to, but it's still better than what you were used to.

Jan 17, 2020
Sounds like a challenge, good luck!
The deadline for the first version is this Thursday and so far it's looking like we're pretty much done for that, so that's nice. Though the code is pretty messy, so we'll have to spent some time refactoring.

It's like when you make a system in a building management game and can't quite figure out how to get something to work nicely, so you just kinda hack it together until it does what it needs to do, but there's a bunch of unnecessary additions and there's some bits that would fit a lot better if you would have grouped them together and if you ever want to use the same system for something else you'd have to built around, over and/or underneath a bunch of other stuff that was built around/tacked onto it.

Reactions: drunkpunk
Jun 26, 2020
The deadline for the first version is this Thursday and so far it's looking like we're pretty much done for that, so that's nice. Though the code is pretty messy, so we'll have to spent some time refactoring.

It's like when you make a system in a building management game and can't quite figure out how to get something to work nicely, so you just kinda hack it together until it does what it needs to do, but there's a bunch of unnecessary additions and there's some bits that would fit a lot better if you would have grouped them together and if you ever want to use the same system for something else you'd have to built around, over and/or underneath a bunch of other stuff that was built around/tacked onto it.
it's basically a game of factorio, you start with spaghetti and eventually build it into something more recognizable and efficient.

Reactions: Pifanjr
Jan 9, 2021
I have to say The Settlers: Heritage of Kings it's the first settlers game that had some nice military control's. And overall is just a joy to play.

McStabStab

Community Contributor
Jan 13, 2020
Still moving through Tropico 6. Completed Concrete Beach, Shackland (screenshot below), and (Super)Power Defense.

My favorite of those missions was Shackland - it was nice to have residential buildings disabled, took all the pressure off of dealing with housing happiness. As long as you talk it up during elections it's never a problem, and you can jam your islands full of immigrants by keeping everyone in with immigration policy, the penal colony edict, an immigration office running at full bore, and the "rescue" pirate cove raids.

View: https://imgur.com/gallery/9yx4q4F

Reactions: Zloth and Pifanjr
Jan 17, 2020
  • Haha
Reactions: McStabStab

McStabStab

Community Contributor
Jan 13, 2020
Hi guys if you are interested in Minecraft and want to watch a video here is a link for it I hope you guys enjoy. It would be awesome if you guys did it for me please thank you
No link came through but good luck on grinding those minecraft vids. I suppose Minecraft is a building game...

Reactions: Pifanjr

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS