Question Your Favorite Building / Management Games

Page 4 - Love gaming? Join the PC Gamer community to share that passion with gamers all around the world!
Status
Not open for further replies.
What are you programming?
Currently, an automated testing system for my company's other soft- and hardware solutions.

It's my first project in Blazor, so most of my time is spent on Stackoverflow and the Microsoft documentation.

It's like when you start a new building game and spent most of your time on the game's wiki, but instead of getting excited about the possibilities you mostly feel in way over your head and annoyed that things don't work the way you expect them to, but it's still better than what you were used to.

Sounds like a challenge, good luck!

The deadline for the first version is this Thursday and so far it's looking like we're pretty much done for that, so that's nice. Though the code is pretty messy, so we'll have to spent some time refactoring.

It's like when you make a system in a building management game and can't quite figure out how to get something to work nicely, so you just kinda hack it together until it does what it needs to do, but there's a bunch of unnecessary additions and there's some bits that would fit a lot better if you would have grouped them together and if you ever want to use the same system for something else you'd have to built around, over and/or underneath a bunch of other stuff that was built around/tacked onto it.

The deadline for the first version is this Thursday and so far it's looking like we're pretty much done for that, so that's nice. Though the code is pretty messy, so we'll have to spent some time refactoring.

It's like when you make a system in a building management game and can't quite figure out how to get something to work nicely, so you just kinda hack it together until it does what it needs to do, but there's a bunch of unnecessary additions and there's some bits that would fit a lot better if you would have grouped them together and if you ever want to use the same system for something else you'd have to built around, over and/or underneath a bunch of other stuff that was built around/tacked onto it.

it's basically a game of factorio, you start with spaghetti and eventually build it into something more recognizable and efficient.

McStabStab

Community Contributor
Still moving through Tropico 6. Completed Concrete Beach, Shackland (screenshot below), and (Super)Power Defense.

My favorite of those missions was Shackland - it was nice to have residential buildings disabled, took all the pressure off of dealing with housing happiness. As long as you talk it up during elections it's never a problem, and you can jam your islands full of immigrants by keeping everyone in with immigration policy, the penal colony edict, an immigration office running at full bore, and the "rescue" pirate cove raids.

View: https://imgur.com/gallery/9yx4q4F

May 6, 2021
Visit site
made some extraordinary memories playing Cities: Skylines as of late. It required a significant stretch of time to get the waste administration all together however, as I sort of missed how that functioned when making the town. I figured out how to make a to some degree useful city with a positive income stream. I figure Lemmings would be my most loved *cough* store network the board round ever. Gracious, and Pizza Tycoon on the off chance that I might actually press that in with a squeeze or two of the game Ports of call.

May 20, 2021
Visit site
What are your favorite city building / supply chain management games? Here's a quick list of games I come back to often:
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Surviving Mars
  • Anno 1800
I also really enjoyed Rimworld for a while but haven't tried the Royalty DLC. Frostpunk is great but in terms of difficulty I usually prefer something a little more laid back to pass the time. I know this is kind of a stretch for the category but Planet Coaster definitely held my attention for a while since I was a Roller Coaster Tycoon player growing up. Also Offworld Trading Company even though being more of an RTS game had me addicted for a while.

What do you all like? Has anyone tried Surviving the Apocalypse yet? How about Workers & Resources: Soviet Republic? Any big Tropico series players? (I have to admit I've never tried it)

Also feel free to post screenshots of your beautiful creations here!
I think this game is interesting:
1. Jurassic World Evolution.
2. Tropico 6.
3. Satisfactory

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS