Question Windows 10 Not booting up via Bios

May 13, 2021
Visit site
I recently launched bios to install windows 10. My flash drive appeared twice on the Boot Sequence. One saying “UEFI Patriot” and the other “Patriot” (patriot is the name of the usb). I selected uefi first, no windows logo but the aorus logo appeared and blue lines after. When i selected “patriot” its loaded up the windows icon but it didnt load. Idk what to do. Help can be useful and tip. This is my first time doing this so im a lost one.

Aorus B550 Elite AX V2 - this motherboard?

what do blue lines look like? can you share some screenshots?
manual - https://download.gigabyte.com/FileList/Manual/mb_manual_b550-aorus-elite-ax-v2_e.pdf

i don't think usb should be in boot sequence at all, it should be empty if the motherboard is brand new.
really, on a new mb you shouldn't have to do anything in bios, it should just boot off the USB

Gigabyte boards have a choice on the Save & Exit screen called Boot override, I would try to use it
put USB in at boot (I have a Gigabyte Aorus X570 so its going to have the same menus)
reset bios to defaults
go to save & exit screen & choose boot over ride
pick the UEFI USB choice here and PC should restart and boot from USB

Where did you get win 10 installer from? If its not new, On another PC, download the Windows 10 media creation tool and use it to make a win 10 installer on USB (A new version is win 10 is due out in the next few days/weeks but this will at least get you the November version)

May 13, 2021
Visit site
Aorus B550 Elite AX V2 - this motherboard?

what do blue lines look like? can you share some screenshots?
manual - https://download.gigabyte.com/FileList/Manual/mb_manual_b550-aorus-elite-ax-v2_e.pdf

i don't think usb should be in boot sequence at all, it should be empty if the motherboard is brand new.
really, on a new mb you shouldn't have to do anything in bios, it should just boot off the USB

Gigabyte boards have a choice on the Save & Exit screen called Boot override, I would try to use it
put USB in at boot (I have a Gigabyte Aorus X570 so its going to have the same menus)
reset bios to defaults
go to save & exit screen & choose boot over ride
pick the UEFI USB choice here and PC should restart and boot from USB

Where did you get win 10 installer from? If its not new, On another PC, download the Windows 10 media creation tool and use it to make a win 10 installer on USB (A new version is win 10 is due out in the next few days/weeks but this will at least get you the November version)
Yes that motherboard, where can i find the boot over ride. And baaically it shows the Aorus logo then blue lines appear over it

its on page 36 of the manual I linked to above.
Advanced view of bios/save & exit screen

those blue lines don't sound normal.

Do you have the newest bios on motherboard?

I would be temped to ask on here, more people there who can help with this and you won't be waiting for the few of us who look - https://forums.tomshardware.com/forums/windows-10.13/ - I am there as well. As are a few of the moderators

Reactions: xtoxicmattx
May 13, 2021
Visit site
Yes that motherboard, where can i find the boot over ride. And baaically it shows the Aorus logo then blue lines appear over it
its on page 36 of the manual I linked to above.
Advanced view of bios/save & exit screen

those blue lines don't sound normal.

Do you have the newest bios on motherboard?

I would be temped to ask on here, more people there who can help with this and you won't be waiting for the few of us who look - https://forums.tomshardware.com/forums/windows-10.13/ - I am there as well. As are a few of the moderators
not yet, there was a bios update in april but was told it was a beta. What month has thr newest version ? I was told january

May 13, 2021
Visit site
Perhaps try updating the bios to newest version, although it has an i after its numbers I see no indication its a beta anymore.

Did you make the win 10 installer recently?
Today actually and the windows logo is on my screen but nothings happening, no loading smybol or anything. Just the logo and thats it. It also turns off my mouse and keyboard

TRENDING THREADS