Giveaway Win a Lenovo Legion Monitor, keyboard, mouse and more from PC Gamer!

Page 3 - Love gaming? Join the PC Gamer community to share that passion with gamers all around the world!
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 13, 2020
Visit site
The framerate. I had always played on console. Loved it. Went to a friends house and they were all like, "hey want to play some games?". So he sat me down at his computer and I had no idea what I was doing with a K&M. Once I saw the smoothness, I was in love. Then I started a new game, building my PC which got me even further addicted to PC gaming. My first gaming PC was an GTX 760/I5-4440. Since then, I've moved to a GTX 970 > 1070 > 1080 > and now a RTX 2080Super/9900K. Unfortunately, the "upgrade game" is a game I'll never beat...

Jul 3, 2020
Visit site
I got into PC gaming as a kid when my mom showed me her DND Goldbox games on DOS. I remember being so excited first for Baldur's Gate and then for Neverwinter Nights. I branched out to other titles like Age of Empires and Civilization, and I've been playing PC games (not to mention DND) ever since!

Classic Sierra adventure games got me hooked on PC Gaming in a big way. The Quest for Glory series being my favorite games of all time. I also fondly remember the Cinemaware games. Also I loved the SSI AD&D games, especially Dark Sun: Shattered Lands and Dark Sun: Wake of the Ravager. The Ravenloft SSI games were really fun too.

Jul 3, 2020
Visit site
I got hooked up by my playing age of mythology, started learning more about it got hooked up about history and now i'm studying it. pretty cool, but no idea what am i gonna do after getting degree.
Would love monitor i just need one because after the exams finish in september i'm going to build a pc,right now have a laptop :)

Jul 3, 2020
Visit site
Realizing that mods were a thing for fallout 3, then proceeding to cleanse the capital wasteland of mutant scum using a bolter and chainsword from Warhammer 40k was definitely what got me hooked on PC gaming!

Jul 3, 2020
Visit site
That's an easy one! Empire (circa 1977). I still have a version that plays on Windows 10. Next year, Empire turns 50! The original version debuted in 1971.

Jul 3, 2020
Visit site
I got hooked after I bought Portal 2 on my first steam sale for 8 bucks in 2013. I now have close to 600 games on my steam account lol.

Jul 3, 2020
Visit site
What made me a PC Gamer and what ultimately got me hooked was in the mid 90's there used to be actual brick and mortar stores. It was a total experience walking into actual dedicated computer gaming stores. PC games came in the big boxes. Often they would come with huge manuals. I started out playing games like Janes Fighters Anthology. I used a Microsoft Sidewinder Force Feedback pro. It was an amazing time for PC gaming. I played games like Novalogics Delta Force 1 and 2. There was a game called 7th Legion that was pretty cool for the time. I played Falcon 4.0. There were games like the first Unreal Tournament which I played heavily. I ended up buying a computer with the first 1ghz processor, it had the Amd Athlon Thunderbird processor.

Jul 3, 2020
Visit site
I originally got hooked when I played Half Life as a young child.

Years later, I finally was able to build my own PC and played through every game I've loved from console at much better settings and framerates, which semented my love even more.

I am now into getting the best performance with the lowest temps I can, and am looking forward to a monitor higher than 60fps

Jul 3, 2020
Visit site
Back in 2011 I was youtubing Far Cry 3. I was blown away at the realism a pc could give. I had a friend help me build my 1st machine. Been hooked and built several pics since then.

Jul 3, 2020
Visit site
What got me hooked into PC gaming was originally Roller Coaster Tycoon and later on World of Warcraft. With the help of my late friend Dan, I was finally about to build my own PC.

Jul 3, 2020
Visit site
I ended up being a PC gamer almost "by accident" when I was gifted a hand-me-down PC years upon years ago, and the convenience of an open platform and multiple input choices when it comes to games is a big deal of why I stayed a PC gamer.

May 1, 2020
Visit site
I got hooked on PC gaming by sitting next to my dad as he played through wizardry vii. I remember when he was done that I'd try for hours to make the perfect party. It was a real pain in the butt in wizardry, because even certain classes couldn't be unlocked without having lucky rolls. I also remember him never being able to finish the game because of a gamebreaking bug near the end.

Jul 3, 2020
Visit site
Learning basic commands and the file structure on a Commodore 64 got me hooked way back in high school. It didn't help that some railroad simulator had taken my attention from my console gaming! From there, it was on to Team Fortress and Quake 3.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS