Giveaway Win a Lenovo Legion Monitor, keyboard, mouse and more from PC Gamer!

Page 9 - Love gaming? Join the PC Gamer community to share that passion with gamers all around the world!
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 30, 2020
Visit site
I got hooked on pc gaming by starting with MMO's. First Runescape, then Tibia, and then i was hooked. I just built my nephew his first pc recently also :)

Jul 5, 2020
Visit site
i got into PC gaming at job i got back in '99. my coworkers got me to play Delta Force and helped me build my first PC. Deus Ex and Thief got me HOOKED and i've never looked back.

Jul 5, 2020
Visit site
I became captivated with PC games when I learned personal computers far out perform consoles and more is possible without the need to transfer between devices. I can shop for groceries, reserve a car, call friends, etc. I see new console generations are attempting to fill the gap in performance, but I'll never return.

Jul 5, 2020
Visit site
Personally got into PC gaming after learning that Portal 2 had a level editor on PC. Shortly after, the Summer Sale began, and I about freaked out at how good some of the discounts were. I will never go back.

May 5, 2020
Visit site
It was super out of the blue. A friend in middle school mentioned Portal being really cool and I just picked it up on PC and now almost over a decade later I'm still here!

Jul 5, 2020
Visit site
PC gaming allowed me to use family and school computers to play games on a minuscule allowance when I was a child. Shareware, Freeware and demos for games like Doom, Quake, Duke Nukem 3D, Age of Empires 1/2, Disciples, Liero and PC magazine demo discs kept me entertained between my limited chances for new console games and rentals. My mother worked at the elementary school I attended, so beyond playing games like Number Munchers and Oregon Trail, I played many games while she graded papers and such.

What got me hooked was a demo of Unreal Tournament from a magazine demo disc (Which may have been PC Gamer). UT was one of main titles, but I think it also included Shogo, Rainbow Six and a few other games. I played that demo non-stop - even though the maps and modes were limited, the gameplay itself had infinite replayability and any match, win or lose was fun. That, combined with cheap PC game packs from retail stores including Fallout/Fallout 2, Rollercoaster Tycoon, Planescape Torment/Soulbringer, and Sonic CD/R kept me coming back even though most of my game time was spent on consoles and handheld.

Here I am, decades later, with 3000+ games on Steam alone and not enough time to play them all.

Jul 5, 2020
Visit site
As a child, my father would take me to his work (air force), and I would sit and play pin ball at his work. He finally got a computer at home, and my first game was age of empires. This was the first real video game to draw me into pc. Lately I've explored more pc gaming with better hardware, 2080TI. This monitor would allow me to fully use my graphics card!

May 2, 2020
Visit site
When I was small child my dad and I installed window 95 off of like 50 floppies. First game I got was Command and Conquer. Thats what got me into gaming.

Jul 6, 2020
Visit site
Honestly?? I was poor. I can't afford consoles and such, so I had a computer from college and started gaming that way, until I recently had to build myself a new PC. I got lucky and was able to get the money to buy the parts to build my new PC. Now I'm rockin' a new PC with old accessories, which work just fine, but yea. LOL

But at the end of the day, My dad was an avid gamer before he passed when I was 15, (Cancer took him.) And I took his Master Gamer title in the family, and found it cheaper to use Steam and just PC game, and I have been blessed with awesome friends and a sister-in-law who gift me games from time to time. And I can occasionally save for games on my own. It just seems less spendy than repeatedly buying newer consoles, plus crazy prices for the games for them, sometimes buying repeats for digital copies, or other consoles, when it's just easier and cheaper to have them on PC and buy during sales.

Jul 6, 2020
Visit site
Recently picked up pc gaming again, always prefered mouse and keyboard over any controller, Loving Warzone but screen is capped at 60Hz so could really do with the upgrade!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts