Giveaway Win a Lenovo Legion Monitor, keyboard, mouse and more from PC Gamer!

Page 25 - Love gaming? Join the PC Gamer community to share that passion with gamers all around the world!
Status
Not open for further replies.
May 4, 2020
Visit site
My mum bought me my first PC in December 1997, I was a little kid and knew nothing about PC gaming. The PC was supposed to be a tool to help me in school... but behold my Uncle gave me a copy of Age of Empires. He installed it in my PC and ever since then I have never stopped playing games in PC. Now I am working in the Game Industry and I owe it all to that moment in 1997 where I discovered PC Gaming.

Jul 27, 2020
Visit site
I remember distinctly the first time I watched my dad play through the Commander Keen games and helping solve puzzles with him through the King's Quest series. I was fascinated with the amount of depth the games exhibited and, later, the escape that they could provide. I was even further hooked when the ability to connect with others over LAN and internet become more prevalent, with games such as Starcraft, Diablo, and Counter-Strike. It has provided me hours of entertainment and now I look forward to sharing that same experience with my children.

May 13, 2020
Visit site
I have always loved technology. I started playing video games on a Nintendo, and kept getting the next console until a few years ago. I was over at a friends house and "aaall he had was a computer"... He said Playing games on PC is way better than consoles. So I tried a couple games and I was hooked.

Apr 1, 2020
Visit site
I am an old gamer I started wayyyyy back on Atari 800XL's back in 1982 and started PC gaming when I could see it would be the next big player with a 386 chipset PC I think back in 1998 because I love gaming that will allow me to take myself to anyplace and be anything. That's what a PC is an object to imagination and excitement. I still love FPSgames but not PVP I love to play with a group and experiment that excitement of paying with freinds or a clan. I guess I will be now playing PC games until I crash ;)

May 31, 2020
Visit site
I have vivid memories of sitting on my father's lap playing Railroad Tycoon, he and I building elaborate railway networks. Little did he know that it would inspire a love of strategy games, soon starting me on Warcraft II and Dune 2000. He taught me how to build my own computers and put me on course toward a future of PC gaming that persists to this day.

May 2, 2020
Visit site
I got hooker on PC gaming when I started realising how much freedom I had in just one platform. The access I had, with the comfort it provided was just simply amazing! From day one, I'll forever be a PC Gamer!

May 4, 2020
Visit site
Saw Command & Conquer for sale at Barnes & Noble back in 95. Bought it and played it multiple times over. Dabbled with various games throughout the 90s but spent most of my time on Ultima Online. Had fond memories of Warcraft II. Starcraft got my competitive juices flowing and then went full bonkers with Counter-Strike.

May 1, 2020
Visit site
I got hooked on PC gaming when I saw the back of the box for Baldur's Gate 1. When I saw it, I knew I wanted to play that game. JRPG's just were not my preferred RPG choice and I wanted something more Western and I saw that it was possible via PC gaming.

May 2, 2020
Visit site
I've been into PC gaming for a long time, I don't remember what exactly hooked me, but I do remember playing countless hours of Civilization II as an elementary schoolkid. One more turn turned into one more game turned into one more PC. Hooked for life now.

Mar 30, 2020
Visit site
I hooked up with Counter Striker 1.3 at a friend's house, had a good AIM as a beginner, and after winning the game they harassed me. I didn't have a PC at home, so I didn't play until I entered the world of Lineage 2, and to this day I still love that video game! I loved the speed and fluidity of the characters' movement, voices, attacks, and especially their epic music!

Jul 27, 2020
Visit site
I'm probably aging myself terribly here, but the Wing Commander series - particularly WC4: The Price of Freedom - was one of my first real forays into PC Gaming.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS