which is more fun watching video games live or playing?

Welcome to the forum :)

What kind of games do you like to watch?

Reactions: neogunhero
I like watching people play new games that I’m interested in or games I don’t think I will buy for a while, especially big AAA games that take years for it to drop down in price.

Overall playing them is more fun. I enjoy video games the most of any entertainment media because I am actively engaged and participating in the world behind the screen. Watching a movie or reading a book doesn’t put you inside their worlds quite like video games do.

Reactions: Brian Boru
Jun 27, 2023
Visit site
I enjoy watching video games that I don't have the time to invest in. Such as competitive FPS and most MMO-RPG's.

I think it's quite interesting to watch professional players on FPS, just to see how they react to situations and see what differences there is, from a tactical aspect.

Oct 17, 2023
Visit site
Watching talented gamers live can be a great experience, no doubt about it! It's like experiencing the thrill of the game without the pressure of playing. But playing video games has its own unique charm; you get to be part of the action and make choices that affect the outcome.
I mean, watching someone excel in a tough boss fight or execute impressive in-game maneuvers can be very entertaining. It's like having front-row seats to gaming greatness! Actually, playing the game lets you immerse yourself in the virtual world. You're the one making decisions, reacting in real time, and feeling the adrenaline rush when things get intense. But if you're ever torn between watching or playing, you can always use a coin flip generator to make the call. It's like the ultimate tiebreaker.

Last edited:
Oct 18, 2023
Visit site
I may be one of the few gamers, but I don't like live games, I think I'm too slow and too old for that. Most players have the ability to play it for hours (so there are better ones, by the time I shoot someone or do something, I'm done and the lower levels lack any communication, also full of cheaters). The only live games I watch are CS tournaments.

Last edited:
Oct 20, 2023
Visit site
I do not remember the name of the game, but it was necessary to man who sits in a large pot and moves only with an axe (or as this thing is called) to move higher on the mountains. The control is very complicated. But I got to the video where the blogger commented on it all so funny that I watched several of his series on this game. The difficulty of this game is similar to Hurry up

I do not remember the name of the game, but it was necessary to man who sits in a large pot and moves only with an axe (or as this thing is called) to move higher on the mountains. The control is very complicated. But I got to the video where the blogger commented on it all so funny that I watched several of his series on this game. The difficulty of this game is similar to Hurry up

Zloth

Community Contributor
I am there to see games, not listen to them talk to people watching.
Oh! I saw something like that once, where people pay $2 or $5 to get their question noticed out of the constant stream of insanity in the normal chat. Yeah, that was terrible! I could see it working OK if there was only a question every 15 minutes or so, and if the questions were game-related.

That is the inspiration behind super chats really. Pay X amount and the people streaming might comment on your comment, if only because you paid. Some people seem to do it way more than every 15 minutes though.

Watching recordings of live videos also comes with same problem. Some players tend to spend the entire video talking about anything other than the game they playing. I refuse to watch them now. Shame they get all the new games.

TRENDING THREADS