What was the first video game you remember playing?

Page 18 - Love gaming? Join the PC Gamer community to share that passion with gamers all around the world!
May 31, 2020
Visit site
Lord of the rings text adventure on the BBC! Never got very far in it. Used to pick up all my stuff at Bilbos house and take it to Merry/Pippin's place. Just did that over and over. Called it "house life".

Still prefer any games player housing :)

Last edited:
Reactions: Johnson1
Jun 9, 2020
Visit site
I played (but maybe watched) an arcade game in my early years. I have a vague memory of a game where you were digging in sand, pushing rocks and collecting gems (I'm sure someone knows that game)... I was very young, it's difficult to remember.

But really it was when I was presented with an NES with Super Mario Bros. and Duck Hunt. Super Mario Bros. was the first game I tried out. I have memories of frantically lifting the controller up in the air as I tried to leap over gaps. Looking back I find it strange how little I was interested in Duck Hunt, the lightgun gimmick didn't really interest me until Virtua Cop came along.

Jun 10, 2020
Visit site
1984, the first time I saw a computer at a friends house. Commodore 64: Wizard of Wor that system was so clunky. Can still remember how to load games. And haven't touched another C64 in 30 years

Started me on my path, 36 years later still playing video games

Jun 17, 2020
Visit site
I'm an avid gamer, but I've been trying to think of the first games I remember playing and really loved. I remember sneaking into my cousins dad's study to boot up his mac to play Monkey Island, where in the World is Carmen Sandiego? And Myst (which I wasn't very good at). If you're a gamer, what do you remember playing and why?

I remember playing Mario, but don't remember what console I was playing it on as it wasn't mine.

Reactions: Frindis
Jun 22, 2020
Visit site
And I thought I'd embarass myself when I said that "Ping Pong" and "Hockey" on the old 1970's rig that my parents got for free from a door to door vaccuum salesman for listening to his sales pitch. But, I see I'm not the only guy who was around in the 70's. Then my friend was lucky enough to get an Atari for Christmas and I'm thinking we played Asteroids and Stargate first.

Jun 24, 2020
Visit site
I'm an avid gamer, but I've been trying to think of the first games I remember playing and really loved. I remember sneaking into my cousins dad's study to boot up his mac to play Monkey Island, where in the World is Carmen Sandiego? And Myst (which I wasn't very good at). If you're a gamer, what do you remember playing and why?
Electric Racer, the video game spinoff of the 2009 reboot of the 1971 Television show

TRENDING THREADS