What was the first video game you remember playing?

Page 14 - Love gaming? Join the PC Gamer community to share that passion with gamers all around the world!
May 5, 2020
Visit site
The first game I can remember playing was this 80's arcade game ported to PC called Battlezone, it was this green polygon tank game. Other games from around that time were these Fisher-Price videogames with pirates and pirates and stuff. The first proper game I had was the original Rollercoaster Tycoon. It went all downhill from there.

May 5, 2020
Visit site
I think it was Blitz on the VIC-20. It was definitely a Vic game, could have been Choplifter, Bullitt, or Trap which is the one that sticks out most in the mind. But I think that's just because of how frantic I found it.

May 6, 2020
Visit site
Well since I date back to the 70's I guess the first one I remember is Pac Man and the first home video game would be Combat which is what came with the Atari 2600 I got for Christmas in 1981 and been hooked ever since.
I'm a new age gamer I guess but I have played the old pac man but the new one is legit

May 6, 2020
Visit site
I have bad grammar and a bad memory but lets see.
I remember playing games that i owned and games that my cousin had and here are some of them.
1. Zombies Eat my neighbors
2. Revolution X
3. Beavis and Butthead
4. Comix Zone
5. Festers Quest
6. Command and Conquer Red Alert
7. Diablo
8. Mario bros and Super Mario 3 which may be my first game when i was like 5 my mom and another cousin would play it.
9. Sonic games
10. Donkey Kong Country
11. Twisted Metal
12. Final Fantasy 7,8,9
13. Resident Evil 1,2,3 i remember Nemesis scaring me when he jumps through the window, i was around 9/10 years old.
I could name many more since i had a Sega genesis, Super Nintendo, Nintendo 64, PS1 and PS2 as a kid.
First game most likely was one of the first Mario games since again my mom and cousin played them when i was like 4 years old, oh wait i remember playing Duck Hunt also.

Reactions: claudio17
May 2, 2020
Visit site
I just remember the first video game i played is Contra. I’m poor to buy another when i’m a child. I just want to play video game against with my brother 😔

May 7, 2020
Visit site
My first game was... so long ago, I don't know which one it was.
Either "J-Bird", "Grand Prix Circuit" or "Color lines". Those were only ones I had access to, so I really enjoyed them :D

Well, from then afterwards, I remember more clearly "Civilization for Windows", "Caesar 3", "The Dig", "Diablo", "Heroes 2", "X-COM Ufo Defense" and "Fallout". Oh, "Doom", "Unreal Trounament" and "Duke Nukem 3D" was there too, for sure.

Yeah, then I have to look up more, what was then, because I did not tag them in my mind with years. "Starcraft", "Warcraft 2", "Commandos", "Quake 3 Arena", "Age of Empires", "Cossacs". Those were the times... with no responsibilities, other than school, so few people being good at PCs, few gamers out there, games vere much more valuable...

Reactions: kokendi
May 7, 2020
Visit site
I am 2003 and i think, that the first game i played (it was something like 2006) on my Nintendo Ds was Pokemon Gold, and i liked it a lot, then my parents got me an PS2, and i loved it, i play it nowadays too and i am searching for games to add to my collection, but nobody wants to stay here and watch me talking about my consoles, so yeah, the first was Pokemon Gold

May 4, 2020
Visit site
Space Invaders. 25 cents. It was popular and I wanted to try it. Then I wanted to try it again... It had 3 control buttons: left, right, and fire. A childhood friend had Pong, but I never played it.

Now I'm waiting to get a VR headset. How far we have travelled.

May 7, 2020
Visit site
First game on PC i remember playing or that i liked anyway was Megarace. I dont know if anyone remembers it but its engrained in my memory cause of the music and the host Lance Boyle 😂😂😂😂

Reactions: badman
May 7, 2020
Visit site
Not sure of the name but it was in a bar in Louisiana in North Baton Rouge around 1970ish. It was a Pong type game that was like the first ever. The paddles on each side would vibrate and jump around which made it even harder to play and you were always playing against the machine. I am 65 years old so you figure out how old I was.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts