What was the first video game you remember playing?

Page 45 - Love gaming? Join the PC Gamer community to share that passion with gamers all around the world!
Nov 15, 2021
Visit site
i dont quite remember the first game i played before...
i used to play Nintendo, so its probably Mario Bros....
when my brother bring PS1, am hooked with BomberMan, Tekken, Tomb Raider, Metal Gear Solid..... but never finished any of the game...
But i love love Disaster Reports, Raw Danger, Suikoden II and God of War.....

Reactions: Brian Boru
My first game was probably Pong on the Magnavox Odyssey. But I can't remember for sure if I might have played Pac-man or Space Invaders in an arcade or store entrance before that. But I've been gaming for a long time. About as long as video games have existed for the masses. I was really into the Intellivision, and after that, the Commodore 64. I ate that thing up.

But I noticed in the original post, they said Myst wasn't a very good game. I loved Myst. I don't think it has aged well, but back in the day, it was awesome.

Pong. The cocktail table variety in a restaurant 1972. Parents would give my sister and I a couple quarters and we’d go at it with much intensity until the food arrived. We received the home version the next Christmas and gaming has been a part of our lives ever since.
We old guys are old enough to remember when arcades only had things like pinball and pool tables. I'll bet there are people on here who don't even remember arcades at all. Lol

Oh for sure! I miss those Arcade days, early 80s on a Friday night with a pocket full of quarters or tokens depending... There was this little hole in the wall place down the street from me that would blast rock music through the night. Next door was a pizza/pub load up on pizza and beer and stagger next door to play Gorf, Pac Man etc. Great times! This younger generation doesn't know what they're missing.
We still have things like Dave & Buster's, but arcades used to be all over the place. Now, everyone has the best gaming available right in their houses.

Prince of Persia
Screenshot-2.png
In 2011, someone successfully ported the game to the C64. Here's a pretty cool video comparing that C64 port to the old Amiga version. It's amazing how well they pulled it off.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2xkGBak5Glo

Super Mario All-Stars on the Super Nintendo Entertainment System (SNES.) Essentially the closest thing one could get to a remaster at the time, All-Stars was a graphical and audio upgrade for the first three Super Mario Bros. games including "The Lost Levels," previously released only in Japan because they were deemed too difficult for Western audiences. A wise decision, as the Mario franchise could've met an untimely end as the brand may have been met with frustration and remembered disdainfully.

While it's only really remembered for its 'lost' levels, it should be worth noting its soundtrack and improvements to the original music are incredible for the time. No radical changes or missed beats unlike Crash Bandicoot: N-Sane Trilogy or Spyro: Reignited Trilogy, just an all-round improvement.

Jan 12, 2022
Visit site
I think the first games I played extensively probably has to be Need for Speed Rivals, Hawken, and Rayman Legends

One of the first games I played on my own console at least probably has to be Rayman Legends on the Xbox Original (Not to be confused with the Xbox 360 which means one, or the Xbox One which is yet again means one, or the Xbox X series which could also mean one.) *sorry I really don't like Xbox* I used to play that game so much though, at least I did till the disk-tray stopped opening, haha.

I also strongly remember playing the crap out of Need for Speed Rivals when the Play Station 4 first released in 2014. That has to probably be the first racing game I ever played other than 4x4 Evo on the Xbox Original. I remember always raging because my brother played the game as well and was always better than me just because of him being older and playing racing games for more than double my lifetime.

I also remember in 2013-ish when I was probably around 6 or 7 years old I would sneak out of my room into my parents closet and steal the Verizon WiFi router (Which was very shitty and way overpriced) and I'd go sneak into the kitchen and boot up Hawken on the kitchen PC at 9 or so PM (I know such a rebel) and I'd play that for probably at most an hour before I'd get caught by my dad and get forced to go back to sleep, Those were good times I had little to no responsibilities, now I'm 16 work 2 jobs, go to school, and manage a 9 acre property.

• Love
I think the first games I played extensively probably has to be Need for Speed Rivals, Hawken, and Rayman Legends

One of the first games I played on my own console at least probably has to be Rayman Legends on the Xbox Original (Not to be confused with the Xbox 360 which means one, or the Xbox One which is yet again means one, or the Xbox X series which could also mean one.) *sorry I really don't like Xbox* I used to play that game so much though, at least I did till the disk-tray stopped opening, haha.
Haha. I really don't know what you mean by Xbox Original. If you're talking about the original first Xbox, Rayman Legends was definitely not on that. It came out first on the Wii U and used the second touch screen. Then they remade the game to not need the 2nd screen so they could put it on PS4/Xbox One, and PC. As far as I can tell, Rayman 3 was the only Rayman game that was on the original Xbox.

TRENDING THREADS