What was the first video game you remember playing?

Page 10 - Love gaming? Join the PC Gamer community to share that passion with gamers all around the world!
May 1, 2020
Visit site
Space Invaders. An old arcade / betting shop at the bottom of the street I lived on....I used to sneak in with some friends and we would spend our pocket money on it, 10p a game.

I was immediately hooked although my parents never bought me a console (like an Atari etc.) I did get some handheld pacman games and a mini Arcade of a defender type game that shot beams at enemies from the front and dropped bombs at targets below.

A Spectrum 48k was my first real computer (although I played on some peoples BBC computers, and Commodores. Ahhhh those halcyon days of Manic Minor, Jet Set Willy and a slight obsession with a football manager game.

Reactions: badthink
May 1, 2020
Visit site
Firs game ever I can remember is GODS on the old DOS. You were a warrior (Hercules maybe?) that goes through some platforming and 2D combat to defy the gods. Really good, actually played it last year again on a remaster of sorts.

May 1, 2020
Visit site
Sadly I remember playing Pac-Man on the Atari 2800... and I didn't care how bad it looked, I thought it was amazing. Asteroids, missile command, "tennis", BurgerTime and more... ahhh the nostalgia!

Reactions: badthink
May 1, 2020
Visit site
The first game I remember playing at home was a pong game where the console (cant find it) - had 3 or 4 games built in, 2 of which were pong variants and a 3rd was a light gun game.

The gun was hard wired in as were the controllers although I don't think you can call em that - they were basically sticks with a twisty knob on the top.

After that we had a spectrum (typical for the UK) and then on to the 8bit consoles.

May 1, 2020
Visit site
I start with the Atari 2600 but I don't remember the game being something with planes and shooting and stuff... I was in kindergarten at the time!👾:alien:

May 1, 2020
Visit site
Probably Turok: Dinosaur Hunter or The Legend Of Zelda: Ocarina of Time on the N64. I was like, four or something and it was my dad's.

The first PC game I ever played was probably Garry's Mod, but the first PC game I ever beat was V411-Hall-A: A Cyberpunk Bartender Action, My overall favourite PC game, on the other hand, is 100% Resident Evil 7: Biohazard.

May 1, 2020
Visit site
Honestly the first game I ever remember playing was the Mario/Duck Hunt combo cartridge on NES. I also remember getting the grey light gun and wishing that I could get the orange and white one instead.

May 1, 2020
Visit site
First Video game...maybe donkey kong. But didn't get into gaming until my mum bought me a Nes. Still into gaming now and have dabbled in all the consoles and obviously PC gaming.

May 1, 2020
Visit site
I recall a game on the Amiga 2000 computer called Dungeon Master which was a first person fantasy dungeon crawl rpg. There was one point in the game where my character was in a room and I realized that I could hear what sounded like Egyptian mummies walking around the periphery of the room in a 3D soundscape. With chains clanking and staggering footsteps, I could actually track their exact progress, and accurately know where they were. When I realized that I kind of freaked out, hair all over my body and head stood up. What a blast that moment was.
That was one of the most memorable gaming moments. Along with the Wasteland line of games including Fallout and Fallout 4, as well as the Shadowrun, and Skyrim games I was pretty much hooked on the RPG Genre.

May 1, 2020
Visit site
I'm shocked I even remember this. In fact, I had totally forgotten until this question. Donald Duck's Alphabet Adventure, a 1988 DOS game. I think I played it when I was 4 or 5.

May 2, 2020
Visit site
The first game I remember playing has to be Crash Bandicoot on the original PlayStation. While the game is dated, it's still some of the most fun I've had playing video games. I still need to pick up the remastered versions on Steam.

Reactions: Deeptha

TRENDING THREADS