What was the first video game you remember playing?

Page 5 - Love gaming? Join the PC Gamer community to share that passion with gamers all around the world!
Jan 20, 2020
Visit site
The very first game I remember playing was Crash Bash for the Playstation 1. I never owned the console when I was a child because my parents were stricty about not owning a video games console (althought that kinda backfired when they bought me my first PC and they didn't realise consoles aren't the only place where i can play games lmao).

So I used to go round to my friend's house annd play crash bash together for hours on end.

Reactions: SWard
Mar 2, 2020
Visit site
Probably Shinobi on my brother's Commodore 64. I can only remember this game because my other brother was in love with the Ninja Turtles, and I wanted to be just like him so I pretended I was a turtle smashing buttons as a very little kid.

I think the first game I owned as "mine" was a game I got for an early birthday called "Skitchin" for the Mega Drive. Although, this Sega MD was also my brothers that sold everything including my game :( and got a PS1. Funny I periodically remind him he did a dirty thing trading my first game away. We did get an N64 as a joint gift from my Grandad before this I'm sure, GoldenEye days but it doesn't count as it was joint. So was our first PC, with Half-Life and those dial-up connection days but, yeah, after that it all happened very quickly and I'm still loving every minute of the gamer life...

One big thing, looking back, that I really miss? Welcome to Gamespy. Bring back server browsing. I miss it so much.

Hand on heart I think I was playing a shareware version of Doom when I was about 6. My dad was pretty lax with what I could view as a kid and was a huge computer nerd himself so we always had a console and gaming PC in the house.

I have a vague recollection of some console driving game before that but it is the faintest of memories now and I don't at all recall what system it was on, let alone it's name.

Last edited:
Mar 8, 2020
Visit site
Hand on heart I think I was playing a shareware version of Doom when I was about 6. My dad was pretty lax with what I could view as a kid and was a huge computer need himself so we always hand a console and gaming PC I the house.

I have a vague recollection of some console driving game before that but it is the faintest of memories now and I don't at all recall what system it was on, let alone it's name.
I think my first PC game was Crystal Caves and then Cosmo's Cosmic Adventure.

Reactions: Frindis
Mar 14, 2020
Visit site
first real game i played as a kid on PC specifically, was Sudden strike and some random racing game demo i still dont know the names of (i didnt count minesweeper, or other free windows game).
definitely the reason i like strategy and and RTS growing up

Outside pc, pac-man or maybe sonic

Reactions: Yubay28
Mar 14, 2020
Visit site
I was too little when I started gaming back in 2002. I don't exactly know which one was my first game but it must be any of Virtual Cops, House of the dead, Road Rush, NFS 2SE, Desperados!

Mar 16, 2020
Visit site
I think the first game I played was Sonic the Hedgehog on an NES. I liked it so much that I ended up buying a Dreamcast just to play Sonic games.

TRENDING THREADS