Weird pc noise

have you checked fans are spinning freely?

Not sure that is coil whine. that sounds like a fan to me

Reactions: Lutfij
Dec 25, 2022
Visit site
Thanks for the reply, I have checked all fans and they are all spinning correctly, I managed to carefully stop the right fan which was the fan that was making noise but I am sure no wires are hitting the fan, It is really odd and I am still trying to figure out if it is actually a coil whine or a hidden wire that i havent noticed yet. It could really be possible as my case is really small and the gpu is very big.

Dec 25, 2022
Visit site
After investigating further, I can confirm that there is not any wires touching the fans, they are all spinning properly and they don’t seem to be acting weird… I also noticed that the noise is loudest when the fan stops spinning after load, but on idle it’s quiet and all fans are still spinning. It is indeed not a coil whine as I can hear that high pitch sound on high fps. So it might be a loose bearing after all, quite not sure though and very confused… I purchased this card like a month ago and had no problems with it until yesterday. I did have a power outage though and and it’s after that that I actually started noticing the sound but might just be a coincidence as I can’t really relate a fan to a power outage. I don’t really mind it as long as it doesn’t affect temps nor performance but it’s worrying me in some way because this card is still somewhat new.

Reactions: Brian Boru
Dec 25, 2022
Visit site
what make/model card is it?

if its only a month old they might be able to replace the fan
It’s a Zotac 3070ti, after doing some research it’s actually the shroud and the fans touching, which I temporarily eliminated by placing a spacer between them, the noise is gone now but Zotac did a very bad job designing their fans as it is really annoying.
IMG_0895.jpg

This is a badly designed card range, it isn't exactly caused by the retention method.
cards should be designed in such a way they don't interfere with their own fans.

its not like the 3.5slot card I will be installing next week. Its so massive it has a built in brace that runs most of cards length and card came with a stand to help it not sag. its 337mm long. Good thing I have a big case

This is a badly designed card range, it isn't exactly caused by the retention method.
cards should be designed in such a way they don't interfere with their own fans.

its not like the 3.5slot card I will be installing next week. Its so massive it has a built in brace that runs most of cards length and card came with a stand to help it not sag. its 337mm long. Good thing I have a big case
What i ment was that the retention method was never designed to hold big lumps of lead with massive butt sag :p and it is upp to the manufacturers to fix their own mess, which some do and some don't :(

Last edited:
But why fix it when you can make money selling people an extra solution instead of fixing it and not making any money?

was it weakened on purpose? Or just a handy coincidence. We may never know.

Jay has a cheaper option if you have a 3d printer

if you can find something to attach it to and make a chain of zip ties to tie it too, it might work... but I don't think it would be pretty. And I wouldn't use it on a 4090 as I think bricks might break it. My new GPU weighs 3 pounds, soon they will come with birth certificates.

• Haha
Guess I should work out how mine works
L0EQ4ES.jpg

It is a shame its a new design and doesn't look like 6900xt model as I can find that, not this. I have seen one person put it together on a video

Its probably not that hard. The grey powercolor piece is the base, the poles stick into it and you use the red bits to support the card. I expect I only need the short pole since gap between gpu and PSU shroud isn't as tall as long pole. Guess I could play with it and use it on old GPU - which I am sure is sagging now but i might be seeing things after a week getting my fans to work.

MY old gpu will swim in the hole the current one is in.

TRENDING THREADS