Weekend Question: What browser games have you lost the most time to?

PCG Jody

Staff member
Dec 9, 2019
Visit site
I ask the PCG staff a regular Weekend Question and post the answers on the site. If you'd like to throw in an answer here, I'll squeeze the best into the finished article!

This week the question is: What browser games have you lost the most time to?

Kongregate has stopped accepting new games, and Flash's "end of life" is six months away. Before they're gone, what browser games did you play the most? Was it Slither.io or Agar.io, or those web versions of PopCap games with the exclusive levels? The Last Stand or Line Rider or QWOP? Did you play the OG versions of Meat Boy and Canabalt back in the day?

Refresh your memory with our list of the best if you need to.

Reactions: XoRn and SWard
Oh man I've spent so many hours being paid to play flash games in my life, which may explain my career progress.

For me it's a toss up between The Last Stand: Union City and Kingdom Rush, which started my love affair with tower defense. Both series are actually still going, Kingdom Rush Vengeance came out only last year and Google tells me that there's a new Last Stand game coming to Steam early access next year.

So Jody, what do I need to pull in order to get The Last Stand: Aftermath up in the 'Popular' quick bar on the PCG site? I'd love to see it squeeze in between Cyberpunk and Death Stranding.

Reactions: PCG Jody and XoRn
Probably have a couple of hundred hours between my favorites: Surviv.io, Zombroyale.io, Town of Salem, Wings.io, Slither.io, Gartic.io, and Runescape. I also played a lot of stickmen, zombie survivors, and speedrunner games years back. Speaking of Town of Salem:
😁

Last edited:
Reactions: XoRn and Rensje
Universal Paperclips! It's difficult to talk about without spoiling much but it starts off as a simple little economy/incremental game. Make a paper clip. Sell a paper clip. Make 1,000 paperclips. Sell 1,000 paperclips. Make 1,000,000,000,000 paperclips? We'll, you'll have to play and see.

Reactions: Frindis

Inspireless Llama

Community Contributor
Late for the article but I don't care, still answering the question :D

I played so much Tribal Wars. Was fun in the start, hated in the end, got P2W. Still, a world could run for several years (one I played ran for 8 years) so you're teaming with the same tribe for years, creates good friendships.

Thing I hated most (and do about all online games) is if they keep running if you're not there. A lot of games your character / world won't progress when you're not on. I hate games where you may have lost everything you have while you were offline.

Reactions: Pifanjr
Jul 5, 2020
Visit site
Most of the time has been spent on Elder scrolls, and occasionally lapsing back down memory lane to Baldurs Gate. I am beginning to want a new experience, and fancy trying Death Stranding, but not sure if my Laptop Spec is up to it.

TRENDING THREADS