Warcraft 3 - probably the best RTS in history

Page 2 - Love gaming? Join the PC Gamer community to share that passion with gamers all around the world!

Sarafan

Community Contributor
Surprise! Surprise! Another update has been released on the Public Test Realm. It adds highly demanded custom campaign option and introduces balance changes for the fist time in more than two years. Earlier we got two updates that added a ranked system and clans. Someone is really working on this game again!

Last edited:
Apr 1, 2023
Visit site
Warcraft 3, when I was about 12 years old I used to play around the clock. Recently bought Reforged. Wouldn't say it got better, but I still like it. Although many people really didn't like the update.

Reactions: Brian Boru

Sarafan

Community Contributor
This is hilarious. I just wanted to play some custom maps today and it appears the game doesn't like AMD CPUs anymore. Since 1.36 update that is... FPS have dropped by half and there are frametime spikes every 3 seconds or so. They're quite gentle on my PC, but people are reporting that in some cases the game is unplayable because of this. I have 80-100 FPS. Before the last patch I had 150-170. The CPU utilization doesn't go above 20-30%. GPU utilization hovers around 30-40% even with V-sync off. It's funny that a multi-billion dollar company can't properly fix a game for three years. :LOL:

Sarafan

Community Contributor
I recently stumbled across a mod that remakes the entire Orc campaign from Warcraft 2 on Warcraft 3: Reforged engine. It's called Warcraft: Chronicles of the Second War and looks very professional. The mod features cut-scenes, voice acting, new map art on loading screens and other assets that makes it hardly distinguishable from content prepared by Blizzard in terms of quality. It's already available to download:

Too bad that there's no Human campaign yet, but the same team already announced that they're already working on it.
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=420SUSIuU3c

TRENDING THREADS