Ugh! My Xbox Elite 2 controller has issues!!!

Feb 15, 2020
Visit site
So my Xbox Elite Series 2 controller arrived today. I was so happy unboxing it and enjoying all the accessories that come with it. It feels great. Its hefty in the hand, in a good way. And it looks friggin' sick! So I went ahead and paired it with my PC and that's when everything went downhill. The Bluetooth connectivity has some sort of bug in it. I looked all over the Web for solutions but nothing has really worked. I keep losing BT connection. I updated the firmware on the controller but that didn't help either.

So I did what any tech savvy, PC enthusiast would do. I went to Device Manager and updated the BT drivers. Once I did that I was hopeful as it did update but alas...still connection issues. I downloaded Xbox accessory software for PC specifically designed for Xbox One controllers. Ran that software too, still no dice.

Now I have 90 days to return it for a full refund, which I may do, but I really don't want to. Its such a nice controller. It works perfectly fine cabled up to the PC. Ugh! So Frustrating!!! 😣

Feb 15, 2020
Visit site
From what I've read online its the controller. Many people have the Bluetooth connectivity issue I have. I stayed up late last night trying to get it to work but no success.

I don't have any other Bluetooth device so can't test that.

If you are using the controller on an Xbox it works great. If you attach the cable it works great. If you want to go wireless on PC it drops connection. I read somewhere its a latency issue but not sure how accurate it is.

The controller has been released for over 6 months now and its a darn shame that Xbox hasn't resolved this issue yet. I'll keep the controller for awhile hoping Xbox creates a fix for PC users but I'm thinking I'll return it since its so expensive.

Woe is me...😭🤣

Feb 15, 2020
Visit site
Did some more research on the BT connectivity issue. There really isn't anything I can do. The controller is designed primarily for use with the Xbox One. It can work with PC you just have to buy the proprietary USB dongle for $25. Which is ridiculous seeing as I spent just under $200 for the controller.

Should get the wireless dongle sometime next week. Saved a few dollars going through eBay. Should be brand new, just not in retail packaging. I'll update on the matter when it arrives.

Reactions: Inspireless Llama
Feb 15, 2020
Visit site
So my Xbox Wireless Dongle arrived in the mail today! I slid it in a USB port, synced my Dongle and my Xbox Elite 2 controller together and loaded up Forza 7.

IT WORKS!!! IT WORKS!!! ::laughs manically::

Phew, I'm so relieved. Money well spent as long as the controller doesn't degrade like some others. During my research I've read a lot of thumbstick drifting and bumper/trigger loss of function. Hopefully I won't get a bad unit in the future. Fingers crossed!

Reactions: Inspireless Llama

TRENDING THREADS