Question Trouble Booting Up Windows 10 on First PC Build

May 20, 2020
Visit site
Hey guys,

So I just finished building my first PC yesterday afternoon (everything is brand new) and am trying to get it booted up. I had to download a Windows 10 drive on my USB through my MacBook Pro and Boot Camp Assistant (all I have at my disposal). This process seemed to work fine, but when I try to start my PC using the USB I just get a small blinking cursor in the top left corner of the PC. The BIOS recognizes the USB drive no problem and I have tried to use the boot override function in the BIOS to no avail. (I am using a Gigabyte B365M DS3H mobo and an i3-9100F)

Here is my set-up: https://pcpartpicker.com/user/SulldogNasty/saved/FNYYgs

Excited first-time builder just trying to get everything booted up and going, so thanks in advance for any help!

OsaX Nymloth

Community Contributor
Possibly the PC is trying to boot from USB, but can't - for some reason. Maybe because it was made from MacBook? Never did that, so it's just a wild guess.

Try using the official Microsoft Media Tool to setup bootable USB with Windows 10 - maybe ask some friend or neighbour to make it for you (the point is: make the USB under Windows).

Reactions: MangoPop