The Currently Playing & Random Game Thoughts Thread (7 August to 13 August)

Page 3 - Love gaming? Join the PC Gamer community to share that passion with gamers all around the world!
WRONG

That didn't say anything about Gen X quitting anything early. It said they liked to get the job done fast, which means the Boomer would go down faster. Gen X are the best overall workers, which would include pounding a Boomer. Plus Boomers have difficulty keeping up with rapid developments, like being punched in the face. Slow reaction time would be terrible in a fight. Also, a Gen X person could just hand the Baby Boomer a remote control, which would baffle them into submission.

The way I read that military breakdown is as follows:

Gen X - Best overall
Gen Z - Would use technology to their advantage
Millennials - Their outrage would carry them
Baby Boomers - Confused and slow to react
Dude, I'm Gen X, and even I know that's not true.

Gen X - would be too busy contemplating why their life is so hard and nobody understands. They'd be willing to fight back after their time of edgy introspective contemplation, but it would be too late. The reason they'd be willing to fight back is because they learned from their dad whipping their ass when they grew up.

Gen Z - Wouldn't get pummeled too badly because they learned from how ridiculous the Millennials looked, and they wanted to make their lives better. But they're still too busy philosophizing with each other about what can be done to fix the government, economy, and school systems, so they probably wouldn't do too well offensively.

Millennials - Are full of rage, but they're pacifists who spend too much time whining and being offended in their safe spaces. They can't do too much pounding heads because they're out of shape from not working and insisting that the government provides for them. If they have a job, it's going to be at a coffee shop where there isn't too much heavy lifting. They're the ones who are likely to get pounded the most, while they're lying in a fetal position crying.

Boomers - They're not distracted by all of the electronics, philosophies, and "causes." They're hard workers. They've probably fought in a war. While the Gen X people learned from their dads whipping their asses, the Boomers were the ones that were doing the ass whipping.

Boomers win!

Gen X - would be too busy contemplating why their life is so hard and nobody understands. They'd be willing to fight back after their time of edgy introspective contemplation, but it would be too late. The reason they'd be willing to fight back is because they learned from their dad whipping their ass when they grew up.

Gen Z - Wouldn't get pummeled too badly because they learned from how ridiculous the Millennials looked, and they wanted to make their lives better. But they're still too busy philosophizing with each other about what can be done to fix the government, economy, and school systems, so they probably wouldn't do too well offensively.

Millennials - Are full of rage, but they're pacifists who spend too much time whining and being offended in their safe spaces. They can't do too much pounding heads because they're out of shape from not working and insisting that the government provides for them. If they have a job, it's going to be at a coffee shop where there isn't too much heavy lifting. They're the ones who are likely to get pounded the most, while they're lying in a fetal position crying.

Boomers - They're not distracted by all of the electronics, philosophies, and "causes." They're hard workers. They've probably fought in a war. While the Gen X people learned from their dads whipping their asses, the Boomers were the ones that were doing the ass whipping.

Boomers win!
You didn't use the military chart. You just made crap up. Just because you suffer from edgy introspection doesn't mean all of Gen X does. You've been demoted to a millennial. I've already put in the paperwork.

In any event, you are confusing Boomers with The Greatest Generation, which would whip everyone.

PS: The Millennials don't want you. I'm having to scramble to find you a spot.

Last edited:

Boomers win!

I'm both offended and angry but at the end of the day I'm not going to do anything about it.

I just looked at Humble Choice for the first time in months. Looks like I'm going to be a member until my debit card expires :rolleyes: If anyone wants one of the following, let me know:

Deep Rock Galactic--Already have it and finished with it.
The Ascent--Twin stick in an amazing world. Already have it and am playing it.
Emily is Away >3 I'm ready to get involved in a murder for hire to get rid of Emily after the first two games, so I don't want this one. A horrible depiction of women as incomprehensible and fickle.
Hired Gun--Looks interesting if you like hectic shooters, which I don't
Star Wars Squadrons--I had enough of dog fights in the Air Force. No wait, I was never in the Air Force. I still don't want it, though.
I am Fish--I'll try not to judge you if you want it. Unless you are @WoodenSaucer
Planet Zoo--Don't forget to pick up the DLC so you can have animals in your zoo. What little I've played is actually fun, though.
Ghost Runner--I need to lose about 20 pounds for wall running.
Destroy all Humans--Looks cute, but not for me.
Man of Medan--Been there, done that. Great co-op fun. Has QTE's like a Telltale game.
Just Die Already--Kill old people. That's literally the whole thing.
Project Winter--Multiplayer social deception
Man Eater--Multiplayer, play as the shark
Mordhau--Already have. Go medieval on other players.
House Flipper--Already have. Fun if you like that sort of thing.
Beyond the Wire--WWI multiplayer.

While making this extensive list, I actually found a bunch of stuff I want to play. Now I'm happy I've been too lazy to cancel.

I'm going to post this list in next week's thread, too, and I don't get notifications very often, so if it's Sunday or later and you want one of these, please post in the new thread.

Last edited:

Zloth

Community Contributor
Also no one mentioned that Boomers had on average 17 siblings and they all had to survive on post war rations at the same dinner table. Only the physically strong survived.
POST war rations? OH! Yeah, Europe would need those pretty badly, wouldn't they? Sorry, American history doesn't cover it and Doctor Who only seems to go to the USA for the 1950's.
What is the airspeed velocity of an unladen swallow?
An African or European swallow?

P.S. Monty Python is NOT a useful source of historical knowledge.

P.P.S. Yes, I'm going through a "Post Script" phase now. They happen about once a decade.

TRENDING THREADS