Steam Replay 2022

Page 2 - Love gaming? Join the PC Gamer community to share that passion with gamers all around the world!
Hey, you believe what you want. You always do. I have the "Show playtime stats" selected as well. That's for each game individually as listed on the "All Games" page. If one other person can join this thread and show their total hours without using a third party site/plugin/Opera, then I'll change my mind.

Steam does not keep track of your total hours across all games, but there are third party websites that can calculate this for you.

No need to be snarky, especially when someone is already agreeing with you.

@ZedClampet "there are third party websites that can calculate this for you."

Yes indeed, and I guess that's where Augmented Steam gets its info—I haven't drilled down to discover/confirm which one(s) it is. Here's a snippet from the Options:

hoUwwIf.png

Reactions: Pifanjr
Nice post @Pifanjr ! It's fun to look back at all the games we've played, and how long we played them over the course of the year and to see how much time we spent on different games. You guys play a lot more games per year than I do, as I tend to play certain games for days or weeks without switching to a different game, but it's also fun to see how our game playing differs or compares to each other.
z6uX4vx.png

The total number of games I've played this year, which you see contains many older games or remakes/remasters. I also don't know if the hours I've put into The Witcher 3 Next-Gen (just over 60 at this point) are calculated in the totals, as I just started playing on 12/14.
bgHSsZg.png

An interesting detail from the Steam Replay is the Spider Graph, though I don't feel it's detailed enough to give an accurate representation of what we played. Maybe it's based on the Steam Tag designations (?), but I feel like I should have a post-apocalyptic category to better define my playtime. Also, the "Co-op Campaign" in the below graphic is deceptive because I've never played co-op; maybe it's just because some of the games I've played had that option (?).
ZuF6TRJ.png

Another interesting detail was the "How You Compare" graphic, which clearly shows that I play (or replay) more older games than new releases. But I was pretty shocked that the average number of games played by Steam players was only 5 games per year.
OnJq9vH.png

Zloth

Community Contributor
There is actually some GOG data. Start up Galaxy, click the "Recent" tab-like thing in the upper left, and you'll see it. It seems lacking on accuracy, though. In fact, my total game time could be 12488hrs or 12503hrs, depending on which part of the window I look at.
An interesting detail from the Steam Replay is the Spider Graph, though I don't feel it's detailed enough to give an accurate representation of what we played. Maybe it's based on the Steam Tag designations (?), but I feel like I should have a post-apocalyptic category to better define my playtime. Also, the "Co-op Campaign" in the below graphic is deceptive because I've never played co-op; maybe it's just because some of the games I've played had that option (?).
ZuF6TRJ.png
A few of my Steam friends shared their full reviews. The top item of the hex always seems to be a strange one. (Mine was "mechs.") The rest look like more typical tags.

That's a really weird form of a graph. The tags aren't connected in any way, so why are there lines between them? What does the area it shows even represent?? Seems like a bar graph would work better. <shrug>
But I was pretty shocked that the average number of games played by Steam players was only 5 games per year.
Many people play just Counter-Strike or just DOTA 2. I wonder if it's counting people that didn't play anything at all as 0's?

But did you have fun? Isn't that what matters most?

Honestly i don't know if i actually had fun with most for the games. Mostly indifference to most of the games. One or 2 of them i liked, but was i actually having fun? not so sure. the only games that i could say i was having fun was huntdown, legend of zelda a link 2 worlds, yakuza 2 and maybe dishonored all the others? nothing stands out as truly memorable to me tbh.

Honestly i don't know if i actually had fun with most for the games. Mostly indifference to most of the games. One or 2 of them i liked, but was i actually having fun? not so sure. the only games that i could say i was having fun was huntdown, legend of zelda a link 2 worlds, yakuza 2 and maybe dishonored all the others? nothing stands out as truly memorable to me tbh.

That's a shame.

jsdqKnm.png

0qXrzUG.png

No surprise that Destiny 2 is my most played game at 60% (which is smaller than previous years). My streak wouldve been twice as long, but i had covid in the beginning of august, so there was a good week there where i didnt do anything. Obviously missing games from Gamepass, GOG (Witcher 3, plethora of old games, mainly MK Trilogy), Battlenet (Diablo 2 resurrected/Call of Duty Cold War) and Epic (bunch of the freebies). I dont go for achievements at all in any game so im suprised at that number and I also am amazing at adding friends!

Last edited:
jsdqKnm.png

0qXrzUG.png

No surprise that Destiny 2 is my most played game at 60% (which is smaller than previous years). My streak wouldve been twice as long, but i had covid in the beginning of august, so there was a good week there where i didnt do anything. Obviously missing games from GOG (Witcher 3, plethora of old games, mainly MK Trilogy), Battlenet (Diablo 2 resurrected/Call of Duty Cold War) and Epic (bunch of the freebies). I dont go for achievements at all in any game so im suprised at that number and I also am amazing at adding friends!

I believe that's the longest streak on here by far!

Reactions: Brian Boru
So even if DXCHASE's streak had been double you'd have beat them, impressive.

It is, im hoping on having a longer streak but close to a year i dont know.

Alright. Well, my only excuse is that I'm retired and have a bad back

Hope to have that kind of time when im retired for that!

Don't forget, the streaks are for while you're online with Steam games. I played Picross Touch over Nov-Dec as a goto quickie game, but otherwise all my gaming has not been Steam since ~October.

My steam replay in regards to time and streaks are somewhat close to all the other launchers pooled together. But when i was sick i know i didnt do anything with a game for 2 weeks lol

Last edited:

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts