PCG Article Some dates and info on Steam sales coming in the next few months....

Melee only genre eh? Sounds like a perfect storm to get out one's pent up hostilities. A bit of the old ultra violence. :p

My last such encounter to feed the beast was Dying Light's The Following DLC, so much carnage. This time I smacked "Mother" around pretty good. Got in a lot of crits whacking her face. That's what she gets for hiding behind a mask. :giggle:

Plenty of games go on sale outside of the official sales, too. Solasta is 60% off right now, for instance. Wish lists are great for finding them!
Absolutely. I doubt a day passes without an email from Steam, plus 2-3 from GOG—most of 'em with multiple games from my wishlist.

To be clear: in both stores, you can get emails specifically for when games on your wishlist go on sale, and nothing else.

Plenty of games go on sale outside of the official sales, too. Solasta is 60% off right now, for instance. Wish lists are great for finding them!
Those little unannounced sales often have better discounts than those seen in the annual extravaganza sales, both on Steam and GOG.

And if anyone has been on the fence about buying Solasta, at 60% off (until 8/1), it's a really good deal on a detailed D&D, turn-based CRPG, more in the vein of an Icewind Dale than Baldur's Gate; but there's a surprising amount of character interaction for the ones you create.
KKwd7Tf.jpg

For such a small game developer, Tactical Adventures did a terrific job in creating a detailed character creation system, varied environments, fantastic turn-based combat, and a good story to tie it all together.
OCI6XGf.jpg

I played it last December and loved it. I spent 180 hrs in the main campaign without DLC content, but that's with starting over with a newly created party as I ended up not liking my original party's construction. Normal people will probably finish the game much sooner. I did pick up the 2 DLCs that were on sale of 20% off, so Solasta has moved up in my "games to be replayed que". Thanks @Zloth for that post, as for some reason I never wish-listed the DLC and would have probably missed the sale.

If Soul Calibur games and Zeno Clash aren't on sale for the Bash Bash, the sale will be an epic fail.
I've been warming up a bit to CRPGs, so I may give Solasta another shot. I played it a bit on gamepass a while back but I bounced off. I think I have to come to terms with the characters models being atrocious and just deal with it since the game will be using the isometric view most of the time. But man, they are rough.

Lol. I love this. The rest of the world is appalled at Will Smith for a weak, pansy, open-handed slap. But the gaming world is salivating for a violence-oriented game sale! :LOL:
Yeah that slap wasn't real violence, more of an embarrassment really. I think Will's stock dropped quite a bit that day. What was even more embarrassing is his wife was the one that made a public statement urging them to get past it. Celebrities are like politicians, sometimes the only thing they excel at is making fools of themselves in public. :rolleyes:

TRENDING THREADS