August 2023 Random Game Thoughts Thread

Page 8 - Love gaming? Join the PC Gamer community to share that passion with gamers all around the world!
Nuka world was one of the last things i played and yeah... much of it is disappointing. More so when its the last thing you played. The problem is that its more tailored towards being evil then good. if you're good your real option is to just gun everyone down, locking you out of a large chunk of content. Even when i played the long game, playing the bad guy to get the perks before promptly going kill crazy on the raider scum, Preston garvey still hated my guts.

But its not just that, if like me you completed the main game, seen all POI and taken all available settlements, when you finally send the bandits out to take settlements, you're effectively attacking your own settlements. Which is stupid as hell. But to progress you have little choice until you've completed the campaign.

I still don't really care about the settlement mechanics, so I'll just be taking my revenge for being put through a series of death traps when I continue playing.

Reactions: Brian Boru
Either Quake 2 veterans aren’t playing the remaster update or I’m getting really good at deathmatch…

As someone who played mp on there back in the day (more unreal than quake but i did play quake) i didnt even bother with it now tbh. I am playing through the remaster but i have no interest at all in playing its mp this time around.

Starfield is pre-loaded for next week. I decided to keep my gamepass sub for this so i can see if its worth buying. MS is offering me the upgrade to the premium edition for only 35 bucks but i dont want to buy somethin i wont play too much. Starfield has me iffy. I dont mind space exploration and some space combat, but id rather see its FPS side first before i make this call and im sure i wont be doing that early in the game.

Im still burning through Diablo 4 and Destiny 2 though its mostly been diablo. D4 is getting an XP boost this weekend im going to take full advantage of (i play mostly solo, so leveling takes longer) and Destiny 2 is actually not bad this season, i mean its armor set im still miffed about but they rebalanced old exotics which has been nice to play with.

Last little tidbit is im thinking of getting 'back' into streaming. Probably just start off with just gameplay then move to camera showing me? I dont know its such a huge pool nowadays to try anything but i got the equipment, space and nohow to do it so why not try it again. I see people older than me stream and make a lot of money quick so maybe i can too! hahahahahaha =fake laugh

As someone who played mp on there back in the day (more unreal than quake but i did play quake) i didnt even bother with it now tbh. I am playing through the remaster but i have no interest at all in playing its mp this time around.

Starfield is pre-loaded for next week. I decided to keep my gamepass sub for this so i can see if its worth buying. MS is offering me the upgrade to the premium edition for only 35 bucks but i dont want to buy somethin i wont play too much. Starfield has me iffy. I dont mind space exploration and some space combat, but id rather see its FPS side first before i make this call and im sure i wont be doing that early in the game.
Quake is definitely extremely twitchy. You really have to have that ADHD type of attention, energy and reflexes to be good in MP. Just last night I was matched up with a player who seemingly has played Quake all their life, they were killing everyone left and right while moving at blistering speeds.

As for the Game Pass upgrade offer for Starfield, it doesn’t make much sense to me to get it because you’re still going to have to pay for Game Pass to unlock the $35 worth of content you paid for additionally. That’s how I feel about buying DLC for games on Game Pass as well. You are paying to unlock additional content for a game you don’t actually own.

Having options is good, even if you don't intend to use the option, there's probably someone who will. However, I'm not sure anyone has ever felt like their market tycoon game lacked Kinect support, and yet...

FAQ: Yes, We Support Kinect​

Q: ...This game supports Kinect?​

Yes! On PC only, if you plug in a Kinect 2.0 to your computer while the game is open, you can play through the entirety of the game using Kinect controls. Grab meat with your meat hands! Your body is the controller! We live in the future. Good luck.

Q: Is Kinect the optimal way to play Space Warlord Organ Trading Simulator?​

Absolutely not.

Q: Why would I play a fast-paced reflex-based economic tycoon using Kinect?​

I have no earthly idea, but I am personally sending the first person to direct message me documented proof of using a Kinect to play through the entirety of the campaign (reaching the "The Top 0.1%" reputation level) a $50 Steam gift card. Primarily so I can meet the kind of person who would do that to themselves, and plead with them for mercy lest they destroy us all.

Q: How did you put Kinect support into a game in 2021?​

I work with a brilliant, slightly unhinged creative programmer named Sam Chiet, and one day, at 3 AM, I blearily opened my phone to find a video of the game working with full functionality on a Kinect. And a tablet. And a Wiimote. You know, for the Nintendo Wii (2007).

He apparently did all of those experiments in one night just because he could, and has since dedicated a large portion of his time to single-handedly becoming the final Kinect developer. I decided the safest option was to stay out of his way.

Q: Why did you put Kinect support into a game in 2021?​

I embrace the Sun with arms outstretched so that my oblivion will be one of my own choosing.

Q: Why don't you advertise this more?​

Us being a small team and the Kinect being a (largely defunct) peripheral, promising support for an interesting novelty option would be dangerous. So, we included the feature, and dearly hope you enjoy it, but caution that you use it at your own risk. If you encounter problems with the Kinect... it's unlikely we can help. My apologies.

Also, Microsoft is one of the largest corporations on the planet. I'm not going to tell them our team resurrected an object they personally attempted to bury--are you?

TL;DR:​

Thank you for supporting our strange space-based organ trading game. Yes, you can play it with Kinect 2.0. And we wish you luck if you try.

Source: https://steamcommunity.com/app/1507780/discussions/0/3192486000805884901/

Zloth

Community Contributor
But its not just that, if like me you completed the main game, seen all POI and taken all available settlements...
Something DLC's really need to do more often is explain if the DLC is supposed to be played after the main game or during the main game. Some even need to be there right at the start of the game (e.g. a DLC that adds a new character class).

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts