See anything good at not-E3?

I haven't watched any of the shows, but from the articles I've seen on PCGamer I'm interested in three games:

Battle Aces - deckbuilding combined with short, simple RTS (RTT?) battles. There's nothing I don't like about this.

Tactical Breach Wizards - I love XCOM and I really like the setting. I should try the demo sometime.

Streets of Fortuna - I'm very sceptical about this, but considering the co-creator of Dwarf Fortress is involved I'm at least curious.

Trailers don't show you anything. though these days they can act as a way to know what not to buy.

They just there to generate hype... without showing the game is really crap. Short term memory of a gold fish... games like NMS & Spore are examples of why hype is a trap,... and yet next week a new game announced and everyone must have it .... based on movies...

I don't get it... it just shows how well the cut scenes look. I skip those in game. They don't actually show you what games look/play like.

The game that most piqued my interest from the Xbox showcase (other than the Starfield expansion of course) was Nobody Wants to Die. That went straight onto my wishlist. Perfect Dark looks interesting too.

I am a lot less interested in both Dragon Age: The Veilguard and Indiana Jones and the Great Circle than I was before the showcase. DATVG looks to be cartoonish and actiony, and IJATGC looks to be mostly cutscenes.

A few games properly interested me from the PCG showcase:

Trailers don't show you anything. though these days they can act as a way to know what not to buy.

They just there to generate hype... without showing the game is really crap. Short term memory of a gold fish... games like NMS & Spore are examples of why hype is a trap,... and yet next week a new game announced and everyone must have it .... based on movies...

I don't get it... it just shows how well the cut scenes look. I skip those in game. They don't actually show you what games look/play like.
AAA trailers usually don't show you much during a game announcement, but small studios often show off gameplay right away.

DOOM The Dark Ages did its reveal right. Show off the actual GAMEPLAY!! How hard is that for other developers to understand? We all understand CG trailers are meant to generate hype, but gamers are so tired of that nowadays we just want to see the game in action. Of course many gameplay trailers, maybe even the DOOM one perhaps, doesn’t always represent the end product 100%, but even if that’s the case here, we got a really good idea at what the gameplay will be like. After all, we’re here to play the games, not watch them.

That sentiment in mind, I didn’t mind all the cutscenes in the Indiana Jones reveal. There was a little bit of gameplay but I think the actual game is going to have lots of cutscenes. Being based off a movie franchise helps me look past that, it’s going for a cinematic feel. First Person is kind of an odd choice for an Indiana Jones game but I still dig it. It’s giving me really big Uncharted vibes with the amount of cutscenes and dialogue thrown into the mix.

New Gears of War game reveal looked awesome. Haven’t played 1-4 in years, but I like how we’re getting the origin story of Marcus and Dom, the fans favorite characters.

My main hope was to see more Skate, but all we got was a bit more alpha gameplay and “we’re still working on it” in big bold letters. Gotta appreciate the honesty I suppose.

Overall I thought this year’s games showcases were a hit. Lots of major game reveals and tons of great looking indies as well. “A little something for everyone” seemed to be the theme across all game showcases this past weekend.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts