Artificial Intelligence and Gaming: Article Posts and Discussion Thread

Video gaming is changing before our eyes thanks to the AI revolution. Many changes are going to be on the development side only, but big changes are also coming to players, and this is the thread to talk about it and post articles related to AI.

As a side note, most of the articles will likely be from sites other than PC Gamer--for reasons.

Let's start:

According to a survey, 62% of developers are already using AI in the development of their next game. They are using it for things like worldbuilding, prototyping and asset creation.

Google knows you don't have friends and is coming up with a solution: an AI co-op partner. The AI learns from watching videos of humans play and is more adaptable to new games than an AI trained through actually playing. Here are a couple of recent articles on that:

Four ways AI can change the game industry:

53% of game developers fear copyright theft related to AI as opposed to losing their jobs to it

Two game demos heavily using AI. The voice to speech is pretty painful to watch. What they are saying is fine, but they aren't very good actors--yet. It's only a matter of time, and we're talking months, not years.

Meanwhile, the mothership is writing fear-based stories almost every day. I seriously think PC Gamer thinks it can stop AI by rallying people against it. :ROFLMAO:

That's like the Johnson City Tribune thinking it can stop the spread of automobiles.

They did two in a row this afternoon, and I wrote in the comment section how hilarious these articles were going to be in a couple of years.

But they think AI is just like NFTs and people will stop using it if they can generate enough outrage. That is not going to happen. It would literally be like raging against calculators or PCs years ago and thinking it would make them go away.

Last edited:
Meanwhile, the mothership is writing fear-based stories almost every day. I seriously think PC Gamer thinks it can stop AI by rallying people against it. :ROFLMAO:

That's like the Johnson City Tribune thinking it can stop the spread of automobiles.

They did two in a row this afternoon, and I wrote in the comment section how hilarious these articles were going to be in a couple of years.

But they think AI is just like NFTs and people will stop using it if they can generate enough outrage. That is not going to happen. It would literally be like raging against calculators or PCs years ago and thinking it would make them go away.

Maybe they're just trying to convince the owners of the website not to replace them. There's quite a few articles that just regurgitate press releases which could probably be done by AI.

General AI discussion: I am one of the first persons to lose a job to AI. My wife has divided her company into "schools" (as in Harry Potter), and she plans to do all sorts of things with it, some of which were suggested by AI. Right now she's getting CoPilot to create crests and logos for the teams. Pretty good use of AI, I'd say. Otherwise, she'd be forcing me to do it. I couldn't be happier to have lost this job.

She thinks I am great at art, largely because she draws like a 4-year-old (this is NOT an exaggeration), but I'm actually just average at art and catastrophically bad at graphic design. Every time she has gotten me to do graphic design, I've just copied from something I found online. :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
Stock photo sites have a problem. First of all, they are now littered with AI created pictures. Second of all, after being asked to pay $700 for an AI picture, you could be excused for thinking you could just have AI create your own picture for free. I think the decision to allow people to post tons of AI pictures to their sites all but dooms them. You can get those picture for free any time you want. Stock photo sites should have actual damn photos. They are making themselves useless.

Microsoft has introduced "Boosts" to Microsoft Copilot. Boosts "enhance your experience" by limiting how much you can use Copilot without a $20 subscription. If you don't feel this has enhanced your Copilot experience, you are wrong. Marketing never lies. Enjoy your new, enhanced experience! For your further convenience, we'll contact you in a few minutes and let you know you are done for the day and give you an option to enter your credit card details.

It was fun while it lasted. Why, hello Google Gemma!

I think the card art looks very good. Naturally, the article is not a positive one, but the developer saves tons of money and time doing it this way. As opposed to being unethical, I'd say it would be unethical to force them to use real artists and waste money and time.

I wonder what will happen to all this AI generated art if US courts do decide that you can't generate art using an AI that's trained on copyrighted material without consent.

Also, as far as I understand it, art created primarily by AI cannot be copyrighted, so someone could basically make a perfect copy of this game without the developer being able to do anything about it.

I wonder what will happen to all this AI generated art if US courts do decide that you can't generate art using an AI that's trained on copyrighted material without consent.

Also, as far as I understand it, art created primarily by AI cannot be copyrighted, so someone could basically make a perfect copy of this game without the developer being able to do anything about it.
I think they are getting rid of the copyrighted training materials. The current version of Dall-E- I think is clean of it. And it will no longer copy particular artists' styles. One catch is that a lot of art sites own the permissions for works put on them, and so the AI people are paying the art sites for permission to use the works instead of the artists who actually made the works.

As for the other, I wonder how much you have to change AI art before you can claim a copyright on it? I bet you don't have to change that much, and the developer claims the work was modified by the artist.

updated my phone this morning, now I have AI all through it as Samsung released it for more than just their latest phones. Stupid thing offering me tips when I am not wearing my reading glasses... i have no idea what it said. I just use my phone for listening to music and sending SMS. Poor AI won't have anything to do.

I ignore it on PC, now its spread to my phone. leave me alone...

updated my phone this morning, now I have AI all through it as Samsung released it for more than just their latest phones. Stupid thing offering me tips when I am not wearing my reading glasses... i have no idea what it said. I just use my phone for listening to music and sending SMS. Poor AI won't have anything to do.

I ignore it on PC, now its spread to my phone. leave me alone...

Once I told Google Assistant to **** off, and it told me that my words were hurtful or something. So I told it to **** off again a bit louder. I think it got the message.

I swear I turned it off in settings and it still tries to bother me with stuff.

my phone showed me how to get Google assistant to show on new UI layout and all I seem to get is Gemini. I don't really want either.

My USB DAC and Focal headphones both have ways to reach the Google Assistant. I have only ever found them by accident - Dac is unfortunate as single press one button pauses music, double tap enables assistant. really easy mistake. I don't want that feature on either but so many people do. Must ask what weather is like outside... while they outside.

But then I also don't want either taking phone calls either but that is a feature I have to remember to disable on phone each time I connect them.

Last edited:
As for the other, I wonder how much you have to change AI art before you can claim a copyright on it? I bet you don't have to change that much, and the developer claims the work was modified by the artist.

I don't know and it's probably not worth risking being sued to find out.

Only an aesthetic copy, all the other elements would be actionable in court.

If the writing is AI generated you could re-use that as well. You'd only have to write the code yourself.

Reactions: ZedClampet

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts