RX590 Crashing

Page 2 - Love gaming? Join the PC Gamer community to share that passion with gamers all around the world!
Apr 2, 2020
Visit site
Hi.

When the PC is connected to the TV I get a GSOD but monitor 2 still works.
It may be the TV, HDMI cable or driver. I don't get any GSOSs with just the 17" monitor

The original problem is that, whichever monitor I use, the Gfx card crashes under heavy load.

It happened in Assetto Corsa, with the error code 0X0000116. I haven't tried any other program yet.

Maybe I can RMA the card to Ebuyer and ask for a replacement?

Inspireless Llama

Community Contributor
1) Have you tried using the TV without your monitor connected?

2) But again, what is the resolution of your TV? 1080p, 4k, 8k?

3) I'm just wondering, when your TV gives you a green screen you can still use your PC with your 17" monitor? Does your PC still recognize your TV as other monitor?

EDIT:

4) What happens if you connect the HDMI cable to your monitor instead of your TV?
and 5) Have you tried connecting the cable to another HDMI port (if available)?

The reasons why I'm asking is because I suspect it has to do with the max supported resolution of the videocard, but I'm not sure and I'm really not sure if that can cause these kind of issues.

Last edited:
Reactions: WelshAL
Apr 2, 2020
Visit site
Hi.

I'm going to take a minute to thank all of you for helping, as I really appreciate it.

Exit for not reading question properly.

1. Yes, the TV works fine.
With the PC connected it boots and the BIOS screen shows up fine but when it gets past the initial windows logo or Please Wait screen, it greys out and flickers like an X Files scene before turning green. It sometimes flickers back to a windows view briefly. It has once recovered to Windows when I pressed the sleep button and woke it up. I was able to input my PIN, then GSOD.

2. It's not a 4k TV, I think the PC was running at 1990 by 1080 or something, and had been with this and the previous card for a long time. I think the green screen is related to the windows reinstallation.

3. Yes, the PC still recognises both monitors and whilst extending the display the mouse cursor disappears as you'd expect. Changing desktop resolution hasn't solved the green screen, nor has changing cables or ports.

4. The monitor is old old old and only has a white digital connector, not HDMI.

The TV has been running at this resolution before the Windows installation, so I think that the GSOD is a separate issue.

The Rx590 crash still happens with the old old monitor.

I fell asleep on my daughter's floor last night, so I'm staying away from the PC today lest I indulge in any percussive maintenance...

Keep the 0X00000116 thoughts flowing though.

I have tried the newest unstable AMD drivers, but no difference.

Thanks.

Al

PS the Heaven benchmark didn't crash the gpu but I'm not sure what that says about anything.

Last edited:
Apr 2, 2020
Visit site
I have a possible fix.

I uninstalled AC and renamed my career folde in 'Documents'.

Running it afresh, everything worked and ran at three times the frame rate.

It seems like it's not the RX590 that's crashing, it's just AC.

I have to test this though.

As far as the GSOD is concerned, it may just be the resolution of the gfx.

I have read about TV settings and nowadays as the signal is digital there is no real 'snow' signal, they just broadcast green instead of an error.

I have set the desktop for the TV to 1920x1080 but the TV is listing the source as 4096x2160!

The radeon software has the same, but I can't see how to change it.

Apr 2, 2020
Visit site
Can you explain how it's different?...

I have told Windows to set the desktop resolution to 1920 x 1080, but the GFX card has it as 4096 x 2160.

I have checked Windows again and the display for the TV is set to 1920 x 1080.

Except that the TV is registering a source of 4096x2160.

So the GSOD is due to the GFX card sending out a huge picture, probably.

But, I can't see how to change that.

Are you setting the resolution to 1080p in the Adrenaline software? If so, where?

I'm not familiar with the adrenaline software but the screenshot above looked like just display info rather than the option to change things? Could easily be wrong though.

Reactions: WelshAL
Apr 2, 2020
Visit site
Hi.

I can't find anywhere to adjust the display settings in the Radeon software, and yes that is just the info display.
There are lots of things to play with but nothing which says Drink Me.

Apr 2, 2020
Visit site
You're going to love this.

I moved the card to PCIE port 2 and back, and the TV is now fine.

I had tried different HDMI cables which come from the Skybox and other kit, no difference. I had tried the TV settings, couldn't see any change.

So just unseating and re-seating the card has made a difference? I can't believe it.

And as far as AC is concerned, I'm going to have to look at the config files side-by-side because this fresh version hasn't crashed once in 5 benchmarks.

Well, that's not true, it did crash once but I expected it, I had set the game resolution higher than the desktop resolution.

Reactions: Inspireless Llama

TRENDING THREADS