Jun 13, 2020
Visit site
I play apex legend on my 1650 gtx and 8 gigs ram ,i5 9th gen proscessor My monitor refresh rate is 60hz and i have disabled v sync and anti aliasing and my fps goes up to 30 to 120 so will there be any adverse effect on my cpu or monitor or gpu and whats the use of enabling anti aliasing and g sync ?

Anti aliasing cleans up jagged edges and g sync stops the image from tearing. I would probably leave them off if it really helps the frame rate. They are usually options for higher end graphics cards as far as I know. It won't hurt your pc to turn them off.

Reactions: crypter_jarvis
Hi (I was in the middle of writing this up when @Alm posted, but I've expanded on what they said a bit so I'll post it anyway.)

Antialiasing basically smooths out jaggies, or the rough edges of polygons that look unnatural in game. Like in this link. It takes graphics power, the amount depending on the method used. So disabling it improves frame rate at the cost of some visual quality, sometimes by quite a lot.

Enabling Vsync stops tearing from being displayed on your screen as long as the frame rate is over 60 (or 30 if you lock it to half refresh rate in settings)

Disabling vsync allows for better response times, which is helpful if you're playing competitive shooters or fast paced games. But then you will have to put up with tearing.

VRR (Gsync/Freesync) is related but different to Vsync and requires your monitor to support either standard.

TLDR

Neither setting being disabled or enabled will damage anything at all.

Reactions: Alm
Jun 13, 2020
Visit site
Hi (I was in the middle of writing this up when @Alm posted, but I've expanded on what they said a bit so I'll post it anyway.)

Antialiasing basically smooths out jaggies, or the rough edges of polygons that look unnatural in game. Like in this link. It takes graphics power, the amount depending on the method used. So disabling it improves frame rate at the cost of some visual quality, sometimes by quite a lot.

Enabling Vsync stops tearing from being displayed on your screen as long as the frame rate is over 60 (or 30 if you lock it to half refresh rate in settings)

Disabling vsync allows for better response times, which is helpful if you're playing competitive shooters or fast paced games. But then you will have to put up with tearing.

VRR (Gsync/Freesync) is related but different to Vsync and requires your monitor to support either standard.

TLDR

Neither setting being disabled or enabled will damage anything at all.
yo thanks for the info helped a lot

TRENDING THREADS