Random Software topics

Page 5 - Love gaming? Join the PC Gamer community to share that passion with gamers all around the world!
Only ones it lists I would use are the sysinternal apps, and mainly as Microsoft bought them. I have used all 3 tools listed, they are good.

I don't think any of this type of program are necessary anymore. Its why Norton stopped selling theirs... most of its just links to settings. Co pilot can find those for you, if you really need help.

I don't use them myself.

The win 10 version does seem to include god mode, so there is that... if you want it. Menus that show are determined by version of OS its installed on... it seems.

Reactions: Brian Boru
For at least 6 months, Youtube on Firefox would randomly scroll up everytime I was scrolling down on recommended page.
I had gotten used to it. It used to annoy me at first but I had tried a reset of Firefox and it still happened, so I blamed Google.
They appear to have fixed it as its not doing it now.

Now instead it is showing me copies of videos twice on same page. Though that might have been a glitch.

Could be anything else loading which isn't handled properly—typical corp webpage loads over 100 different elements.
could be

to998oG.jpeg

I been slack with email inbox, deleted 4313 emails today, I don't feel like I lost anything... especially since Outlook just put it all in deleted folder so have 30 days to rescue anything before its gone. Also moved a few into better folders, so now only have 970 in inbox.

Yes, I could set up rules. Maybe I will once its lower. One email at a time easier to deal with.

Still could do more but its more difficult now as the big groups are gone

deleted 4313 emails today … Outlook

POP or IMAP? PST or OST?

I have POP PST for simplicity and local control. Back when my email load was heavy, I used to start a new POP every year—copy old one, rename old for archive, delete all mail in new.

Now my mail load is quite low, so I've had the same PST for a few years.

I used to have folders out the kangaroo but realized I almost never used them. Outlook search is now very good, so I only have one extra folder 'Keep'. I did a clean on the Inbox a couple of years ago, so it's now less than one screen—currently 6.

I don't know what Outlook used now, I use a gmail account on it.

Its odd, it only let me delete them in batches of 75 or less. I kept having to do same searches to find more emails.

I will whittle it down from the 970 that remain. A lot of them are orders I made, and want to keep. Not as easy as a bulk delete.

Windows 11 24H2 is out but its slow to be released. The ISO on website was still 23H2 last night - I think I wait and let others experiment with it before I do the install.

its faster to logon to the chrome browser and delete than than to use Outlook. That and the search function in Outlook only works for emails recieved since I started using it... and there is like 10 years worth of emails in some folders. I just saw some from 2013.

Down to only 778 items in inbox, 372 unread (spam). I forgot the green text just shows unread, the folder can have way more in it. 5677 deleted emails now. I killed a few folders I don't really need.

Have to be careful I don't delete anything I need.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts