Random Hardware topics

Page 4 - Love gaming? Join the PC Gamer community to share that passion with gamers all around the world!
Thats a Powercolor liquid devil. They only limited by the temps you run them at.

So you are right but most 7900 XTX don't have unlocked power or EK waterblocks built in.

closest I can do is turn my Red Devil blue to match the liquid devils logo color

RGB on PSU fans just makes people think the fans should be pointing up in the case... also, even if it is standing up, the lights have to get through the PSU shroud.

Or you have a underglow on your case if you do know the right way...

Either way, its a marketing ploy to sell bad PSU to gamers - https://www.gamdias.com/en/component/power?series=KRATOS

red flag for that brand for me is they have Gaming chairs on front page lol.
RGB all the things - https://www.gamdias.com/

learning all the wrong lessons from Razer

Last edited:
Reactions: Brian Boru
Glad I decided to avoid the Nvidia 40 series. It was originally based on the power supply but that is least of its problems

Two worth buying
  1. 4090
  2. 4060
Everything inbetween isn't worth it

I had a 960 but I think it was the 4gb model. Sad when the new 4060 TI can't beat the old 3060 TI. What are you getting for the money?

Last edited:
it did take me a few years to work out I should run low speed. They aren't bad in a case that has noise dampening foam on the sides.

They sure kept my last system cool. I can't remember what lowest temp I saw was. I know PC got so cool one night it decided it didn't need to run the CPU fan anymore but that is more a failing of me not understanding fan curves than anything else. I blamed AI suite as well as it had set up an auto overclock at same time as fans.

It beats my current one but hard to compare old cool Intel to Ryzen. I think I was getting its temps down into the teens, whereas best I seen on Ryzen is 32c

Gigabyte-motherboard alert

nothing new on mine yet - X570 Elite WIFI - newest BIOS is from March still.

Generally not good idea to update BIOS randomly. Normally the existance of a new one isn't enough to download the latest. I will keep an eye out, the most recent one adds extra support for 5800x3d so I might get it before upgrading CPU.

The Gigabyte mobo thing is a weird one for me, seems mine is one of the few that isn't on the list of those affected, luckily.

Lets play a game, AIO vs custom loops without watching that video:

Against AIO:
- Mostly weaker pumps
- Aluminium rads
- High FPI rads that are louder and need higher speed fans to work well
- Thinner rads
- Disposable, will need replacing fully in a few years
- Need two separate units for GPU and CPU.
For AIO:
- Zero maintenance
- Easy.
- Cheap
- 280mm + models able to handle high TDP chips better than big air cooling.
- Very good for mini ITX builds as single 120mm rads will cool better than very small down draft air coolers

Against Custom loop:
- Expensive, universal blocks for GPU's dont cover VRMs, and custom blocks not always available for every model of GPU and need updating every upgrade
- High maintenance, will need draining and filling every year or two
- Needs a bigger case to work a lot better than AIO or air.
- Complicated to set up properly, need to calculate flow restrictions and TDPs of components
- Not really worth it for the cost to performance gained, especially as time goes on.
For custom loop:
- Can make quieter, low FPI rads and slower fans or more rads in general.
- Copper radiators more efficient at same size as aluminium.
- More effective cooling overall
- Can use higher quality pumps and cooling blocks
- Aesthetics, well installed hard tubing and coloured coolant look pretty sweet.
- Fun hobby if you like that kind of thing.

• Love
Glad I decided to avoid the Nvidia 40 series. It was originally based on the power supply but that is least of its problems

Two worth buying
  1. 4090
  2. 4060
Everything inbetween isn't worth it

I had a 960 but I think it was the 4gb model. Sad when the new 4060 TI can't beat the old 3060 TI. What are you getting for the money?
Selling AI generated frames as part of generational performance leap is the main problem. That is why I went with a used 3080 instead of 4070, since I do like dldsr/dlss a lot.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts