Question Monitor turns off for a few seconds when G-Sync is on

May 13, 2023
Visit site
Hi, I have a problem with the new Philips 279M1RV/00 monitor I bought recently. In general, it is fine, but I have one problem - if g-sync is on, sometimes in games, the screen just turns off for a few seconds and then turns back on as if nothing happened (no system messages on the screen), but the game continues, I can hear the sounds, can move, etc., ie, the problem is not a freeze the game. This occurs randomly, sometimes can be every 5 minutes, and sometimes with a gap of an hour or more. I've tried changing the DP 1.4 cable, reinstalling the monitor driver and GeForce Experience, and also setting a min V Rate via CRU (30/40/45/50/60 Hz - 144Hz). But none of that has helped. Brief info about my PC on the screenshot, Nvidia driver version: 531.79.

Maybe someone knows how this can be solved? Should I return it? Tomorrow is the last day I can do that. Thank you!
2023-05-13-193012.png

Reactions: Brian Boru
May 13, 2023
Visit site
Unless you made that post, it appears its common.
No, that's not my post, but it's about something else, isn't it? It's about the problem with max refresh rate when using HDMI and G-Sync

is there a firmware update for monitor? There doesn't appear to be - https://www.philips.co.uk/c-p/279M1RV_00/momentum-4k-hdr-display-with-ambiglow/support
Yes, I updated the driver from the official site, although I'm not sure if it worked, the driver version and date remained the same as they were
photo-2023-05-13-20-16-16.jpg

Reactions: Brian Boru

TRENDING THREADS