Question Plug-ins keep disconnecting

Jun 16, 2021
Visit site
So I just installed new fans onto my pc. For whatever reason, everything that’s plugged in to my pc keeps going out, specifically the USB ports. I have a keyboard, mouse, internet antenna, Oculus headset, and fans, and at any given time one of those things keeps shutting off. Normally the problem is contained to the headset, it will turn on and off rapidly, but all the other plug-ins run fine. When I try to use the headset, whether I’m updating it or putting it on, all the other plug-ins go nuts. The antenna will disconnect from the internet, the mouse or keyboard will shut off, the fans will start flashing. I really don’t have much knowledge when it comes to computers, so I try to look up most problems, but I have no idea what to look this up as. Please help.

Reactions: Sartimien
Jun 16, 2021
Visit site
is this a custom build or brand name PC?
If custom, what PSU do you have?

lack of power or too much power draw caused by additonal fans, perhaps could be cause of that. Your power supply can't power everything you plugging in

One solution is a powered USB hub
It’s a prebuilt pc from Computer Upgrade King. When I installed the fans I did have to plug a few things in to the power supply and the motherboard, so drawing too much power sounds about right. Would a USB hub like this work, or should I find something else? The power supply is a Thermaltake Smart 600W I believe.

TRENDING THREADS