Peripherals shut off but tower lights and fans stay on?

Feb 24, 2024
Visit site
Hey friends,

My PC has been doing this weird thing where all peripherals shut off but the PC fans and lights stay on. Not an overheating issue as I’ve checked temps and the crashing happens even when I have nothing open. Nothing shows up in event viewer except for the kernal event 41 that shows up because I have to shutdown the computer using the PSU (power button on case doesn't work when this happens). Annoying part is that my hardware (except my gpu) is all new within 8 months. I noticed that this started happening after I switch my boot drive to a new m.2 because my current one didn't allow for windows 11 update. It's been happening more often now (1-2 times a day).

Specs: GPU: 6800xt CPU: 7900x Mobo: Gigabyte 650 x ax Ram: Corsair Vengeance 32gb PSU: Corsair RM750x

What I’ve tried:
  • Reseating and replugging everything
  • Updating BIOS
  • Tried plugging the PC into different outlets
  • Taking PC out of the case and left it out for 6 hours and nothing crashed (this could just be chance because I had to put it back in for travel)
    • I'm going to put it outside the case again for a longer period and see what happens, if it doesn't crash for a long period, what should be the next steps?
Let me know if there's any more troubleshooting I could do. I always thought it was a hardware problem but it never happened on my Windows 10 a few months ago so it could be software related.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts