Question My PC just randomly shuts off after about half an hour of gameplay

Feb 25, 2024
Visit site
Hello,

Currently, I am experiencing that when I play intensive games, my PC just randomly shuts off after about half an hour of gameplay. Previously, I have been getting Nvidia OpenGL logs"
DrvSetContext failed functionality indeterminant" and were experiencing these logs for a while. I thought this was the cause of the shutdowns but I managed to fix it after doing a DDU on my GPU and CPU. I stopped getting any OpenGl logs after this. I have still tried to fix the issue surrounding the 'Nvlddmkm' issue though as a lot of people have similar issues. I have tried changing my PCIE gen, changing the Nvlddmkm permissions in the system 32 folder, turning off DOCP overclocking for my RAM, switching the RAM, reseating my GPU, changing the CMOS battery, doing a DDU uninstall, running a memtest but nothing. I am sure there are other fixes I have done but forgotten. What is strange is that my system does not shut off during any stress test, just during the more demanding games. Strangely I have also been getting VSS logs in event viewer:" Volume Shadow Copy Service information: The COM Server with CLSID {4e14fba2-2e22-11d1-9964-00c04fbbb345} and name CEventSystem cannot be started. [0x8007045b, A system shutdown is in progress.]" but these logs do not match up with the time the system shutdowns occur. I'm starting to think that this is now a hardware issue as I have tried everything I can. Any suggestions would be welcome though.

Specs:

Ryzen 7800X3D
RTX 4090
32Gb DDR5 ram 6000mhz
Asus TUF B650 Plus Wifi
Corsair 1000W PSU

Welcome to the forum :)

Turn off every other app—except security, if online—and play a game. If problem persists, that points to hardware. If it stops, re-add your apps until problem starts again—the last one is a/the culprit.

Not sure if you can play after a Safe Boot, that would be ideal.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts