Why do my fan lights sometimes stay on after shutting down, but sometimes they go off?

Dec 20, 2023
Visit site
I recently built a pc. The fans have lights in them. Just earlier today I shut my pc off, and the lights stayed on. I just now shut it down again and they are off. Why?

what motherboard do you have again?

are lights connected to the motherboard?

Do you run any motherboard software?

no idea why it would be different but rgb is strange like that sometimes. There might be a setting in bios that you can change. Or in the software if you use any. I can set to have my rgb on motherboard and AIO fans on or off during sleep/shutdown.

Last edited:
Reactions: Brian Boru
Dec 20, 2023
Visit site
what motherboard do you have again?

are lights connected to the motherboard?

Do you run any motherboard software?

no idea why it would be different but rgb is strange like that sometimes. There might be a setting in bios that you can change. Or in the software if you use any. I can set to have my rgb on motherboard and AIO fans on or off during sleep/shutdown.
My motherboard is a Gigabyte B650 AORUS ELITE AX V2 ATX AM5, and im not sure about the other questions. I'll go into bios, and see if I can figure out what's going on. Thank you

Zloth

Community Contributor
Or a power strip. My PC keeps a few lights inside on even though I've told Windows 10 to really shut down unless I turn off the power strip or yank the plug out of the back. The mouse's light will turn on, too, if I move it around while the PC is "shut down."

is this windows 10 or 11?

If 11, it shouldn't have fast startup turned on since you have an NVME as well. Its switched off by default.

Are you running the Gigabyte Control Center? It includes RGB software for your motherboard.
changing rgb in Gigabyte motherboards isn't exactly obvious.
Their software isn't amazing either... I am using the same software but an older stand alone version since my motherboard is older.
It could just be the software being dumb. Sometimes it can see my ram and other times it can't at all. I only really use it to control my AIO fans
Yiz1OHu.jpg

if it keeps happening, you might want to try an alternative like https://www.signalrgb.com/ or https://rgbsync.com/ but will need to check compatibility with parts... there are lists on both sites. I should really use it myself but my GPU won't let anything control it apart from its software, and ram isn't always seen by 3rd party programs so I use Icue on it.

Last edited:

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts