PC Upgrade - optimalization

Jul 12, 2024
Visit site
Hi, I'm considering changing my computer. Initially, I wanted to replace just the graphics card, but I decided that my current setup is getting old and it would be better to sell it and buy a whole new system. Currently, I have:
  • Ryzen 5 3600
  • 1660 SUPER
  • B450M DS3H Gigabyte
  • 4x8GB DDR4 Patriot Viper 3200MHz
  • M.2 512GB XPG GAMMIX S11 Pro
  • Thermaltake Litepower 550W
I'm planning to switch to:
  • Ryzen 7 7700 (Is it worth choosing the version with X?)
  • PNY GeForce RTX 4070 SUPER VERTO OC 12GB GDDR6X
  • MSI MPG A850G
  • Lexar Ares CL32 6000MHz 2x16GB
  • MSI B650 GAMING PLUS WIFI
  • Lexar 1TB NM620
  • Endorfy Ferra 5 Dual fan
  • Chieftec Hunter or Zalman Z10
Does this upgrade make sense?
What kind of price can I expect for my current setup if I sell it?
Is there anything that can be optimized to increase performance/stability of the unit within the same budget, or reduce the cost while maintaining the same parameters?

The setup is used with 2 monitors: UWHD 1440p and 1080p, which mainly displays camera views or a browser. On a daily basis, I use development environments, electronics design programs with 3D views, etc., and occasionally I play Cities Skylines 2. For work, the current unit works quite well, although sometimes there are slowdowns. However, Cities Skylines is a heavy topic – 15-20fps.

Hi, I'm considering changing my computer. Initially, I wanted to replace just the graphics card, but I decided that my current setup is getting old and it would be better to sell it and buy a whole new system. Currently, I have:
  • Ryzen 5 3600
  • 1660 SUPER
  • B450M DS3H Gigabyte
  • 4x8GB DDR4 Patriot Viper 3200MHz
  • M.2 512GB XPG GAMMIX S11 Pro
  • Thermaltake Litepower 550W
I'm planning to switch to:
  • Ryzen 7 7700 (Is it worth choosing the version with X?)
  • PNY GeForce RTX 4070 SUPER VERTO OC 12GB GDDR6X
  • MSI MPG A850G
  • Lexar Ares CL32 6000MHz 2x16GB
  • MSI B650 GAMING PLUS WIFI
  • Lexar 1TB NM620
  • Endorfy Ferra 5 Dual fan
  • Chieftec Hunter or Zalman Z10
Does this upgrade make sense?
What kind of price can I expect for my current setup if I sell it?
Is there anything that can be optimized to increase performance/stability of the unit within the same budget, or reduce the cost while maintaining the same parameters?

The setup is used with 2 monitors: UWHD 1440p and 1080p, which mainly displays camera views or a browser. On a daily basis, I use development environments, electronics design programs with 3D views, etc., and occasionally I play Cities Skylines 2. For work, the current unit works quite well, although sometimes there are slowdowns. However, Cities Skylines is a heavy topic – 15-20fps.
AM5 is a good platform or you could change your cpu to a 5700X or 5700x3D. I see the Endorfy cooler so I'm guessing you are located in central / eastern Europe. Difficult to say how much your PC would sell for in your country.

Reactions: Brian Boru

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts