Giveaway October's EPOS | SENNHEISER GSP 370 headset giveaway from SpecialEffect is here!

Page 2 - Love gaming? Join the PC Gamer community to share that passion with gamers all around the world!
Status
Not open for further replies.
May 2, 2020
Visit site
I love what they are doing. I dated a girl before that could not use her right hand because of a stroke so she wasn't able to play any systems except for the Wii and the DS. I would love for them to make more systems compatible with a device that could be used in one hand.

Jan 15, 2020
Visit site
SpecialEffect does great work, I only wish my late grandmother was still around, she would have loved getting easier access to more games. As for improvements I suppose pushing devs to include more options in their game settings like color blind options and text scaling would be nice, plus making subtitles on by default as I don't know anyone who doesn't immediately turn that on.

Sep 11, 2020
Visit site
Gaming is a great way to add happiness to one's life and what SpecialEffect does is truly remarkable. Helping disabled people to enjoy gaming is a big step up in their daily lives to enjoy more.

In terms of where to expand, I would love it to expand more geographically, not just mainly focused on UK. But a broadening of its scopes and partners. Like partnering with Fall Guys on Twitter for example, they love things like these. Get in touch with them! Or other games that are published in multiple regions can help more people.

May 30, 2020
Visit site
I love the effort! It's interesting to see how many projects you guys are working on! Many people were gamers until something unfortunate happened to them, they will probably be delighted to be able to experience more aspects of their previous lifestyle again <3 In case of the question, I would be happy to see in what ways you will support even more, amazing and different games :)

Last edited:
May 5, 2020
Visit site
Hi,
I think, since you asked, that what they are doing (or anyone that's making games more approachable to people with disabilities) is super important. Giving people the ability to escape, be it their physical, mental or social reality and enjoy soaring through some blue skies for a couple of hours may seem small, or even counter productive, but it has the ability to grant strength, strength to deal with some harsh reality that for most of the time is all you experience, it gives you the opportunity to take a step back and maybe re asses a situation, or just make some new friends and have a few moments of pure fun. so kudus.
we should all game.

P.S.
forgive my grammar :p

May 2, 2020
Visit site
I think what Special Effect is doing is great in its effort to bring all gamers together, both disabled and non-disabled. So that we can all have a shared experience tog ether. Great stuff!

Aug 31, 2020
Visit site
I love this project because it makes it possible for those disabled people to enjoy themselves just like the rest of us who are well, it sure makes them forget those disabilities even for a moment.
I have a friend with an amputated arm who would love to be able to play video games with us, both on console and PC, but he can only play a few because with one hand it is only very difficult for him, I hope that with this initiative you will achieve something so that my friend can enjoy those video games with us.

Sep 2, 2020
Visit site
It is impressive that they can bring this technology to everyone, regardless of your physical condition and that they can play without impediments

Oct 19, 2020
Visit site
It's an awesome way of being inclusive and a great initiative. Projects directed at creating technology awareness in developing countries and how technology can help in the fight against climate change. Especially so in small Oceania states.

Oct 19, 2020
Visit site
Special Effect has popped onto my feed every-so-often with news of them helping disabled players to reach an audience, and I love to see that.
As for expansion, I think having the elderly participating would be nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS